If anybody is bored tonight...

Pumpkinbiker00

Flat tire president. :(
My band will be playing at CT Peppers tonight in Broadripple. It's the first round of the 'Battle for Block Party.' Playing starts @ 9pm and consists of five bands w/ 30 min. sets each. Cover is $2 after 8:30 and free before. Just thought I'd let anyone know that might be interested. :)

We're called 'The Human Chain.' :D

I'd love to see you guys play, but unfortunately it won't be tonight. I need to go back to the track...

Do you know what time you guys will be onstage?

I'm gonna go watch Jeff fishtail around at IRP, and since I live in Broadripple I might swing by on my way back.

I won't be able to go to the track tonight :( Dinner up north with some of Jen's friends and the girls family....ugh.

Afraid to break the half shafts or differential on the cobra anyways :( 75% of my runs were some violent wheel hop which added up amounts to alot. The other 25% I pretty much bogged.

Don't want to tear it up or break something and cause more damage so I will have to evaluate what I need to do.

Agent 00 L said:
Do you know what time you guys will be onstage?

I'm gonna go watch Jeff fishtail around at IRP, and since I live in Broadripple I might swing by on my way back.

The bands all draw for timeslots around 6:30. The first band kicks off @ 9:00. Sorry I can't be more exact.

Last edited:
Agent 00 L said:

I put the street spring in the wastegate so hopefully I'll be a tad less fishy tonight...

Jeff,

Got some questions about building a gen2 motor. A guy is selling a block and heads in the classifieds, block needs bored .030 and I was curious what it might be worth. Asking 250 for the heads and 400 for the block. I was thinking of offering a vastly lower amount only because I can't really afford it right now but if I got a sweet deal I could let it sit in the garage until I could build it.

Whats the boring cost if you know by chance?

Thanks!

Morph, Does that price include the crank? Also is there any of the valve train on the heads? If you don't want it I might go for it

Typically you'll pay $300 to $500 for machine work for bore, hone, align hone, hot tank, etc. Keep in mind that .030 over will require new pistons and such.

The heads could be worth picking up for trying your hand at a porting project...

Dan,

Not sure yet he has not replied to my contact.

I was flipping through my race paper I got at Kenny Brown the other day and it has some blocks 4.6/5.4l for like 800 but I think it came with crank/pistons

The one I sent for info on a at least one cylinder go bad on it so I don't think the pistons would come with it, crank I am not sure on yet.

Back