I work for Delta Air Lines and am at a loss of words

S

svtpickemup

I work in Flight Operations at Delta Air Lines in Atlanta.

We are deeply saddened by today's events. It hit really hard to those in the airline industry. While American and United are our competitiors on the stock market, we are friends and allies in the professional world.

Delta was spared only out of luck. Our hearts are with all involved, including the families at United and American.

Guys, please tell your kids, wives, girlfriends, or whatever that you love them. There are some people who wish they could tell their loved ones the same thing.

There was a comment on the other thread about retaliation...This is not the days of "clean wars" where there are clear bad guys and good guys. Specualtion says this was an act by a small group and not a country. Most people who live in the mid-east are just as dissatisifed with the terrorists as we are. Even the people of Kuwait and Libia did not support Hussein and Kadafie (sp?). It is tough to to retaliate on millions because of the acts of a few. A tough situation and difficult to handle. Bush is in a tough spot. Americans want to see people die for this one, so Bush must retaliate---but on whom??? People DO deserve to die for this one.

God, have no mercy on their souls.......

Hard to beleave they could hijack that many planes like that.
Some country is letting these people do there thing from there country.So to hell with them.

I have to agreee that not all in the middle east are bad, or are anti American. People should pay for this with their lives, but hopefully innocent people dont have to die. Think of how we feel today when you think of killing the innocent to catch the guilty. But I am 100% behind the capture and execution of the groups responsible!!

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
0138_1_t.jpg

00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Litng1:
Hard to beleave they could hijack that many planes like that.</font>

It is not that hard to believe. Have you seen airport security lately? The checkpoint guards were flipping burgers yesterday and running xray machines today.

As far as I'm concerned, drop a neuclear bomb on afganastan, and any other mid east country that is cheering over this crap. If we kill women and children SO WHAT! they're colataral damage. How would you feel if your mom, dad or child was on one of those planes, or in one of those buildings? I'm not racist, and I dont condone killing people, but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough, and do what you gotta do!
They hijacked OUR PLANES, crashed into OUR BUILDINGS, and killed OUR PEOPLE! I have no pitty for them or the people of their country, if a 10 year old boy wants to dance in the street and cheer because a bunch of americans got killed, then to hell with his stupid ass, he'll probably just grow up to be a freekin terrorist anyway. I say make a big hole where afganastan was and start over! If we would show some nuts and fu** their ass up you'd see terrorism fall off a whole bunch. This is what they should have done to Iraq, then at least sadam hussein would be dead. It's THEM or US whos it gonna be?????????

And before anybody flames me for being so harsh. This wasnt just a bunch of terrorists, this was a well planed out attack, that obviously a country was behind. And even if it was a group, the country they are in is protecting their ass! Do you think you could go to another country, kill thousands of their people, then come home to the USA, and have people cheer for the great dead you've done???????? I dont think so. Do whatever we've gotta do to get bin laden, no matter WHAT the cost!

LJSVT,
Two wrongs don't make a right! If we kill innocent people we are just as bad as the people who caused us grief. Just like us they have friends, family, and feel love too. The best way to revolt is to rise and show that we are better then this. There are other ways to solve this!

------------------
1993 Lightning
1989 Thunderbird S/C
ff4ff115.jpg.thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, When dealing with terrorists I dont think there are any other ways. They hide behind civilians knowing the U.S. wont bomb an entire city to get to them. Seeing as the civilians are American haters too, maybe its time to change our policy. Bombs away, Buddy!!

Bush sent the message to the Taliban government of Afghanistan (assuming bin Laden did this), and any others who may stand in the way of justice, when he said...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.
</font>
The gloves are off.

-Steve

I say the only thing they left us to do after this is to take lots of there lives!!!They didn't give a rats ass if they killed are people.Nobody needs to be thinking about their kids, women or any body else.We have been way to easy no people who kill are people.We need to show the world that if you do somthing like this then you will pay and, you will pay with your lives and others!!!As for the people who where cheering about this they SHOULD pay with their lives too!!I love being an american and love my freedom but, now someone has takin some of that away from us.If we don't do something now, when will we???After its too late????Please don't get me wrong I don't thing we should go after anyone untill we know they did it.Then we declare war and wipe them off this earth!!!!!!!!!I hope no one had any faimly, freinds on the planes or buildings,,,if so I'm very sorry!

I'm not a violent person, but something has to be done. Hey Nick, what do you think we should do? Do you realy think we'll ever get our hands on bin laden? If you do you're crazy, if the only way to settle this is is to take out all of afganastan, than so be it. I personaly wont miss it. If we dont show them who's boss this crap will keep hapening. If it realy wasnt bin laden or afganastan, I DONT CARE! They need their ass cracked anyway. I say get them too when we get whoever did it. Dont get me wrong, I hate violence, I wish the world was full of peace, but unfortunatly it's not. Those people are running around cheering over this bullshit. Dont worry though Bush is the man, he'd drop the hammer on crimanals that deserved it, and he'll get these bastards too.

We will never be able to weed out the ones who did this so we should bomb Afganistan.If we dont it will just continue.
Ken Z

On many levels I'm a bit of a pacifist when it comes to certain things in life (live and let live and all that jazz), but in this case I wish our politicians would quit weaseling with phrases like "justice will be done" and put it out there. For crying out loud, say "We are going to find you and we are going to kill you! And we are going to kill everyone associated with you! And if a government helped you, we are going to kill them and reduce all of their buildings to rubble! And when we're done killing you we're going to feed what's left to our DOGS! Then Allah won't have anything to do with you!"

I believe it's time for our reaction to be a little irrational. They've poked the sleeping giant, now it's time for the giant to hold them down and beat them to a bloody pulp.

So much for peace, let the Middle East FEAR "The Great Satan."

And all my respect to the passengers on the fourth plane who took matters into their own hands. Who knows how many lives they saved.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick Wilson:
LJSVT,
Two wrongs don't make a right! If we kill innocent people we are just as bad as the people who caused us grief. Just like us they have friends, family, and feel love too. The best way to revolt is to rise and show that we are better then this. There are other ways to solve this!

</font>

Look at it this way. If the United States harbored terrorists there is no way we as people would stand for it and there would be a civilian uprising. The people of afganistan must condone what their government, (whatever that consists of) are doing and the danger they are putting their people in. They are equally responsible for the harboring of terrorists and must pay the price if it is determined that Bin Laden or anyone else who committed this TERRIBLE act is from their country!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FMOS Racing:
And all my respect to the passengers on the fourth plane who took matters into their own hands. Who knows how many lives they saved.</font>

Jeff, what did they do? I hadent heard about the passengers on the 4th plane, please fill me in.

Chuck P

The passengers of that plane over powered the terrorists and crashed that plane so it would never make it to its target. Who knows how many lives were saved by those people on that plane. They should all be considered heros. And remembered for ever.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows

[This message has been edited by Dennis Saprinsky (edited 09-12-2001).]

I say we surround thier country with our military, block all importing and exporting goods, not allow anyone to leave the country, and begin a sweep across Afganistank. Warn them upon arrival that any resistance will result in death. Then find Bin Laden, and kill him. Regardless if he did it or not.

Delta was spared for a reason:
United States of American

Real sick sense of humor

Would we blame the people of America for the Oklahoma City bombing just because Timothy McVeigh was from America? Please, this is faulty logic.
Realize that terrorism is a political tool that is used by fanatics in order to influence governemnt. It is perfectly normal to feel scared, angry, frightend...in short terrorized. Terrorists know that and hope that your behavior, and decision making skills as well, will change and eventually influence your government. As soon as our society curtails freedoms or "limits" our lifestyle the terrorists win.
You want to fight terrorism? Become an active part of your community. Volunteer in order to help others. Live your life in the most productive way imaginable. Enjoy and cherish life in America.

Panthera (just another Roman soldier)

Back