I got a Mustang

Nazgul

Black Rider
A couple of you know already, but I thought I'd let the rest of you know now.

On July 5 I fell into a deal and bought a 2014 Shelby GT500. Supercharged 5.8 liter all aluminum block with 4-valve heads, 662hp/631 torque, SVT Performance Package, Track Pack, Recaro seats. The car only had 4750 miles on it!

The catch was we had to fly to Virginia and do the deal by July 9. Plus, we already had plans to visit family in Maine, so we picked up the car, spent the weekend with my daughter in Richmond VA, and drove it to Maine. Then we drove it back down to Tennessee to drive the Tail of the Dragon (google it), and now we're on our way home along I40, stopping at various places along the way (Route 66, etc.). The Shelby now has over 9k miles. But they have been oh-so-nice miles!:drool:

I'll post some pics after I get home and rest up a little.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jon.

Here are some photos:

On my daughter's front lawn, Richmond, VA:
Shelby11.jpg

On 'The Tail of the Dragon,' US Highway 129 from Tennessee to N. Carolina:
img_6341.jpg

318 curves in 11 miles! (Go to www.killboy.com or www.129slayer.com to see pics of lots of cars.)

At Tapoco Lodge in NC; stopped for lunch after doing the Dragon:
Tapoco_Lodge_NC.jpg

Clinton, Oklahoma:
Oklahoma.jpg

Gallup, NM:
ElRancho.jpg

Winslow, AZ: Standing on the Corner:
Standin_on_the_corner.jpg

The flatbed Ford reflected in the window? It's a mural. The statue is of Glen Frey, cowriter of 'Take it Easy.' We were lucky to get that parking space.

We also stopped at Tucumcari, Flagstaff, Holbrook, Seligman, Amboy, Barstow and other places along Route 66. Amboy is going downhill; Roy's Cafe has not changed one iota since our last trip. No gas, no cafe, no motel, just a little convenience store.

A great trip, but very tiring. Maybe 'cause I'm so old! We put 5000 miles on the new car!

I'm driving it to Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) on Sunday for the Nor Cal SAAC Mini Nats. I used to drive my Lightning on-track at this event. Anyone else going?

Last edited:
Nice car.
Bet the trip was a fun one.
Amazing how a long road trip makes you so wore out.
Any mods yet?
Any plans for some?
My next car purchase may well be a GT350.
Give um a couple yrs to settle down and find me a good low mile used one.
Dont "need" another mustang but really "want" one LOL!

I Live For Myself and I Answer to No One.

Nice car.
Bet the trip was a fun one.
Amazing how a long road trip makes you so wore out.

Any mods yet? --A previous owner (I am the third) replaced the hood vent with a carbon fiber one; I have a suspicion that it has been lowered, but not sure.

Any plans for some? --I'm going to get the windows tinted. That rear window is pretty big! Later, a pair of oil separators, maybe some filler caps, aluminum reservoirs...no engine or suspension mods--its good enough as it is!

My next car purchase may well be a GT350. --I considered one, but they're asking $20-25k over sticker. Plus, I like the 2011-2014 body style much better.

Give um a couple yrs to settle down and find me a good low mile used one.

Dont "need" another mustang but really "want" one LOL! --LOL. The last thing I needed was another car. But I have always wanted a Shelby. The 'perfect storm' came together so I couldn't help myself. Next on my list is trading my 2008 Corvette vert for a 1963 Split Window Coupe. But I don't see that happening for a long, long time now.

:tu

Someday I hope to drive the "Tail of the Dragon" in my Cayman. In the meantime there's no shortage of great rural highways here in Southwest Oregon.

I hear ya on the too good to pass up.
Yup 25k over sticker is not happening but like everything when the "new" wears off Ill find a deal.

Before I bought my Porsche I considered at 350 GT, I found one at Livermore Ford, they wanted $20k over MSRP. I searched Ford dealers all over the country and found one in Wisconsin for $9k over MSRP.

Back