I did it. I ordered a 2005 Vette!!!

Can't take delivery until May to be able to get the price I want.

White exterior
Red interior
six speed
Z51 package

J

Vettes are great, no matter what anyone else says. Just be prepared to want another after you buy one. :eek:ldtu: Enjoy !

Very nice. My father in law has a C6 blk Z51 auto I have not driven it yet . It looks killer :bigtu:

GOT BOOST? said:
Vettes are great, no matter what anyone else says. . . .

Dunno what everyone else is saying, but ever since the C4, the Vette has been unbeatable for the price. Plus, it's 'Merican, like God intended.

:sfus:

I would have one now, but my 6'6", 280 lb frame does not allow.

Hence the ludicrous notion of road racing a farm implement.

new ZO6!

I can't wait for the new ZO6! Can you believe how exotic the engineering is? There won't be any steel in the car ecept for almost the crank, rods & valves are Ti, Al and Mag frame, carbon fibre fenders 7L dry sump ... for under $70K!

Tim,
I'm worried about my size as well. Although not your size, I'm 6' 250 lbs. Just getting in and out will not be fun. Also I really like sitting up high in the L. As far as needing a truck, that is not a problem. My company has two bobtail's, a cargo van and a 3/4 ton P/U I can use when I have to haul something. Since I have a bed rug and bed cover I can't put much in the L anyway. Getting race rubber tools and my floor jack to the track will be a problem with the Vette though.

J

I'm 5'11", about 250 lbs. The shop I used to work at did a lot performance enhancement on C5's. I almost ordered a Z06, then I drove a C5 and am very glad I got the L instead. I like sitting up high and I like to be able climb in and fall out instead of the other way around. The C5 isn't nearly as bad as the C4, but still not a good car for a large person.

My dad has a 2004 C5 6-Speed and its a nice car but really after a few hours of driving it the fun wears off. I used to have a 96 C4 6-speed Vette and that was a fun car too but I guess Vettes just aren't for me.

I like driving cars that are not supposed to do what they do. Guess thats why I like the Lightning and the other stuff I own.

Don't get me wrong, its an Awesome Performance Car for the $$$ but not for me.

Although I keep eyeing the CTS-V Caddy after going for a ride in one at an Auto X last year. :)

Back