How to make fit GEN II wheels on a GEN I

SVT Zorro

I need help on how to make fit wheels out of my GEN II on mi son's GEN I
do I need adapters? were can I get them? I have seen GEN I using GEN II wheels, can some body help me. please e-mail cchavez@kda.ks.gov

Glad you asked that question.I am on my 5th l and I have an opprotunity to buy some gen 2 wheels cheap and wasn't sure what needed to be done.thanks for the answer to.

Glad you asked that question.I am on my 5th l and I have an opprotunity to buy some gen 2 wheels cheap and wasn't sure what needed to be done.thanks for the answer to.

You will also either need washer lugnuts (like Gen2 style) with the correct thread pitch for our trucks or open ended acorn lug nuts flipped upside down and use washers under them!

Gen 2 Wheels on a Gen 1

Straight up, they won't fit. Your Gen 1, calls for a 17X8 wheel. And a Gen 2, calls for an 18X9.5. The fronts will never turn lock to lock, you'll only get three fourths of a turn before your tires rub on the sway bar. Don't waist your money, put it aside for a better mod like Forged Internals. Reason being, when you start turning up the boost the stock rods are like glass and will just blow apart. I have a Gen 1 and a Gen 2, the Gen 1 is a 95 with 53,000 original miles and the Gen 2 is an 01 Whipple charged with all Forged Internals running 17 lbs. of boost with 565 RWHP and 597 RWTQ also has very low original miles like 62,300.

Back