HOW-TO: L&S Oil Separator Install **PICS**

SWThomas

El Cazador
I just got done installing the L&S Oil Separator. I took some pics and thought I would throw a HOW TO together for people who are thinking about getting one. Seems like a pretty well put together kit...

Here is what all comes with the L&S Kit...
33782-1266-33508.jpg

The first step is to remove the old PCV System. I had an oil separator in place of the vertical tube, but you get the idea. Leave the tube that goes to the lower intake in place...
33782-1266-33509.jpg

The next step is to cap off the tube that runs back behind the supercharger. This tube goes to the lower intake. Here are some before and after pics. Notice the tie-wrap around the cap. This is to keep the cap from blowing off during high boost.
33782-1266-33510.jpg

33782-1266-33511.jpg

The next step is to screw in the oil cap replacement and plug in the filter assembly. Don't mind the billet tube, it's just an extension I got with the cam covers...
33782-1266-33512.jpg

Next, run the pre-assembled tubing in accordance with the directions. The first piece goes from the top of the filter to the PCV valve. It looks like this...**Update**: The pre-assembled tubing starts to crack after a while. You might want to buy some emmissions hose of the same size and swap it out...
33782-1266-33516.jpg

The next piece goes from the side of the filter to the rubber boot on the passenger side of the plenum. It looks like this...
33782-1266-33513.jpg

33782-1266-33515.jpg

And this is what the whole kit looks like installed...
33782-1266-33514.jpg

I got into boost pretty hard on the way home (14 PSI). When I pulled in the garage I popped the hood to inspect the separator. The cap was still on the lower intake tube nice and tight and everything was still intact. I pulled the fitting that goes into the plenum boot and there wasn't even a hint of oil!!

SWThomas said:
Yup, I wrote this up a while ago and just wanted to post it here in case someone needed help.

Just curious, But why did you relpace the L&S with the AMW setup?

SWThomas,
Do you still cap the tube to the lower intake with the AMV?

You don't have to. You can, but you'll need to plug the hole left in the tube from the PCV to the can. I didn't. I do cap it off when I do the Seafoam treatment to ensure all the solvent goes into the chambers instead of being sucked up and deposited in the catch can.

I can only see little red x's where the pictures are supposed to be.

I tried the right click/show picture thing but that isn't working.

How can I see the pics?

Roach

Back