how much timing?

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls *****!
just a question for the fellas out there with over 400-410hp and a predator tuner with a 4lb pulley/intake.. how much timing is your truck set too? is it at 19 degrees? and what are your a/f ratios? would like to know as all I have is a modified intake/4lb lower and and a predator 4 lb tune that I modified by increasing the timing to 18 degrees and richening up the fuel 5% for a final a/f ratio of 11 to 1. My numbers with that were 390 hp and 483 lb/ft.

I was thinking of adding another degree of timing (total 19 degrees) and then adding the other 5% of fuel enrichment.

andy said:
would like to know as all I have is a modified intake/4lb lower and and a predator 4 lb tune that I modified by increasing the timing to 18 degrees and richening up the fuel 5% for a final a/f ratio of 11 to 1. My numbers with that were 390 hp and 483 lb/ft.

I was thinking of adding another degree of timing (total 19 degrees) and then adding the other 5% of fuel enrichment.

Andy,

Personally I do not think you should raise your timing anymore. I would not want more than 15 to 17 degrees in a Lightning with such mods, unless you plan on running octane higher than 93. If you're doing your own adjusting, then you should attempt to lean your truck out to mid 11's and you'll pick up a few more horses. Remember, each dyno can be different like each vehicle can be, and so are correction #'s! ;)

Kind Regards...

Lgod69 said:
doesn't the Diablo tune for a 4# pulley come with 20 or 21 degrees of WOT timing?

I hope what I'm about to say doesn't not upset anyone, but I'm not at liberty to discuss proprietary information concerning what the files have on them directly from DiabloSport.

I will state certain specifics with what I do in the files with my tuning. I have recommended that anyone who buys a Predator through me, to please allow me to build them a custom tune, as I feel that I have tuning that can better compliment their vehicle. Part of my living comes from the fact that I am a custom tuner. I'm not a ChipMaster-Revolution dealer for nothing. Any CMR dealer should provide you with the same great service, IMHO.

Very Sincerely...

Last edited:
Back