How much HP do we loose with a TT setup

svtbarry

HP loss from crank to rear wheels?

I've heard various figures regarding the power loss from the crank to the rear wheels of the S/C motor ( somewhere around 19% ) but how much does a TT setup loose do you think?

Last edited:
No no, you misunderstand by question. Even with a TT setup we loose a certain amount of hp from the crank to the rear wheels. I have heard that typically a s/c Lightning looses around 19% through the drive train before getting to the wheels. I was wondering if it's any differant for a turbo setup.

No no, you misunderstand by question. Even with a TT setup we loose a certain amount of hp from the crank to the rear wheels. I have heard that typically a s/c Lightning looses around 19% through the drive train before getting to the wheels. I was wondering if it's any differant for a turbo setup.

There will not be any difference for driveline loss no matter the power adder setup or Naturally asperated.

There will not be any difference for driveline loss no matter the power adder setup or Naturally asperated.

x2

Any "accessory" is going to take power to rotate. Alternator, power steering, A/C, water pump, blower... Blower takes power to make power ;)

Eliminate the blower, you're freeing crank HP- will NOT be the higher than the HP with blower, for obvious reasons ;) Make up for the power-adder loss by tossing a turbo or two in, and you have free-flowing unrestricted power. The drive train losses will always stay the same- through the transmission to the rear gear, being automatic, 19% loss is fairly constant.

You ever see strip-only setups? There's more than one reason why they aren't running all the accessories. Weight, power, complexity...

Back