how much could i gain?

KID1F150

I currently am still running my vortech at 12psi non intercooled with Meth and want to change to an intercooled Turbo setup with similar boost. What do you guys think are some guesses. As to what I could gain? Right now I run 14.09@95mph.

I'm guessing you would pick up 50hp. But I think your truck should be running alot faster than it is right now with 12psi. what year truck?

Its a 94 F150 "not a lightning". Stock 5.8 longblock. Only thing changed are 1.7 roller rockers. Our air density is really bad here, almost always higher than 5000ft, most of the time its at about 6000.

Its a 94 F150 "not a lightning". Stock 5.8 longblock. Only thing changed are 1.7 roller rockers. Our air density is really bad here, almost always higher than 5000ft, most of the time its at about 6000.

still should be faster with what you have. my 5.8 longblock is completely stock. only thing different between our motors is the heads really which aren't that different. I run 12 psi on my truck and run low 8's which should equate to a 12.6 1/4 mile run. what kind of tuner you using?

still should be faster with what you have. my 5.8 longblock is completely stock. only thing different between our motors is the heads really which aren't that different. I run 12 psi on my truck and run low 8's which should equate to a 12.6 1/4 mile run. what kind of tuner you using?

I've done all my own tuning so far with the Moates Quarterhorse, I run my air/fuel at 11.8-12.0 on the methanol and about 11.3-11.5 if i dont use it. I feel like i've squeezed every bit out of it so far. If my truck ran like yours i wouldn't have any competition around here. The fastest Gen 2 Lightnings with the usual bolt ons don't run faster than 13.40s here. I am still speed density and am probably going to try to stay that way for as long as i can, don't want to pay the big bucks for the swap. I am decently confident i can get my truck to run pretty well with a turbo on speed density, i might just make run pretty rich in certain areas. My 60ft time is much slower than yours too! 2.08 on the 14.0 pass. I still run the stock converter and 3:55 gears. I used to combine a 100 shot with my boost at about 10 and ran a 13.11@101 with a 1.72 60ft. I just don't like spray, i want it all the time.

I changed from my T-trim to 76mm turbo going thru the same intercooler and only changing cams from one made for supercharger to one made for the turbo. I went from 16psi with the Vortech to 7psi with the turbo. this is one weekend to the next so was same weather and same track.

went from 11.8s on the sc to 11.6 on the turbo!!

Its not the peak power difference that makes the difference its the gross average that make the difference..... Not to mention the 100 extra torque you will prob make!!

That is amazing TurboGumby!! I Love those results!! Now i really want to get the ball rolling!! I have read all kinds of your posts, i really like your setup!! I work for a local John Deere dealership and tune Chevy's with HPTuners in the evenings and weekends when i have time, the money i make with that i use to play with my truck. I'm gonna keep myself pretty busy. I think i'm gonna start with the Turbo and a stock Mustang camshaft with my 1.7 rockers, and start saving for victor jr heads and a nice intake setup. But the turbo is gonna happen first.

Standard cab short bed ? a flareside, extend cab, long bed, or any variation would add a few hundred pounds.

Back