Hotrod Cam good with Turbo kit?

blkdvL

Road Race Detail Van Man
I've notice in the Gen 1 forum people saying that they are using a "turbo cam". One, what is the difference between one of those a regular performance cam, and Two, would a Hotrod cam work good with your turbo kit?

Hello,

A turbo cam is cam that is either custom or an off the shelf cam that is known to work well with a turbo... Useally they are a single pattern cam or one that has more lift and duration on the intake... Most of the performance cams like the hot rod cam have more lift and duration on the exhaust... The Hot Rod cam will work fine with a turbo setup if that is what is installed in your motor I wouldn't worry about changing it but if your looking at installing a new cam for a turbocharged combo you would be better off with something else... The stock 5.0 cam or Motorsport E and F cams are all cheap and proven to work well with turbo combinations or you can go with something custom...

Dave

Thanks Dave, currently bidding on a 5.0HO cam on Ebay along with the roller conversion. I look forward to purchasing one of your street kits in the future.

Back