Honest opinion about Bassani

01SilverSVT

I have an opportunity to buy the bassani catted x-pipe set up. I have the maganflow muffler already... it is the quieter of the two for the truck. How loud will this make the truck.

I also have a shot at the magnaflow cat back #15714. DOes anyone know how loud this set up is?

Thanks
Tony

I have the Bassani highflow mids, but didn't listen to my buddies in TLOC, and went with a Flowmaster catback. It was the worst setup I've ever seen ( fit/quality wise ), but after having them on numerous different Stangs I went with it. If I had it to do over, I'd likely have gone with either the Magnaflow catback, or Dynatech's ( I like it with the built in X crossover and 2 mufflers instead of 1 ). Most of TLOC runs the Maggies, and they sound real nice. The Bassani mids are OK though I now have a rattle from the driver side converter that is likely due to not enough weld bead along the seam, I 'll get around to fixing it soon, cause it's driving me nuts !!! Either way, it doesn't sound like you can go wrong with the choices you mentioned. There's not a ton of power to be had, so it's really just sound preference IMO...

I like my Bassani,I had a Borla before and was way to quiet...Now since I removed the cats and have long tube headers on it is a little too loud.I might put the cats back on..

Thanks for all the replies it helped clear things up. I am going to go with the Magnaflow cat back because I think it will give me the sound I want. I have a single magnaflow on right now (18") and the rest is stock. Seeing how this is a different model, I think it will give me what I am looking for.

I went from a Magnaflow catback to Dynatech L/T's, Hi-Flow cats, and Bassani cat back.... The sound is A HUGE difference man. I can't sneak into the neighborhood anymore unless I push it up the driveway! Plus, there's a nice drone at 55 MPH now. I don't mind it, kind of makes it hard to hear the G/F talking!!!

You just have to figure out what you're willing to settle for.

Good luck!

Back