holset turbos ???

matt351

"Insane in the Membrane"
anyone have any info on the larger ones, like the hx50, hx55, and hx60. ive been looking on turbomustangs but all i know is that they are good for a decent amount of power. im just not sure which would be better for what i want to run hp wise.

turbo

I'll look tomorrow and see what size is on the cummins motor at work...i just replaced the engine and tranny in a dodge bobtail and it has a holset turbo on it...very reliable turbo!

TV75XX series
Comes with a 72mm compressor and is good for 900 hp or so. Comes off a 6V92 Cummins. This turbo can also fit an 88mm wheel in it so it can be upgraded later if you ever decide to have some real fun.
The HT series spool slower than a TV series. The HT60 is recommened over a HX50-55 because the HX50-55 spool slower than the HT(or HX)60.

For a 351-357 I would recommend:
TV75 series (there are a ton of them)
Twin GN, Turbocoupe, early Buick turbos)

393+
HT3B
HT60
TV81 series
TV83 series

alright, so what vehicles do the TV75 series of turbos come standard on? ive got a friend who works at a truck yard so the turbo will be easy on the wallet. do any of them come with the 88mm wheel already? that would keep me from having to change it at a later date. oh btw, this is going on a 357 with high port heads.

Back