Hey SVT SE-R

We need to get something posted in this section.

What kind of suspension do you have in Se-r?

So far I've got the most of the preventative maintence done on the 92' I got. Now think it's time to redo the suspension as it's noticably soft.

Are there any springs out there that are stiffer then stock but don't lower it? Or is the possible 300/200 spring group deal gonna be good?.

captainoblivious said:
What kind of suspension do you have in Se-r?

I have Truechoice shocks (Konis) with 450/350 springs (front/rear). Stock sway bar in front w. urethane bushings, adjustable rear sway bar. Camber plates, too.

Are there any springs out there that are stiffer then stock but don't lower it? Or is the possible 300/200 spring group deal gonna be good?.

There has been talk of making stock-sized springs that are stiffer, but I don't think anything has actually become of it. 300/200 springs w. coilovers shouldn't be too bad. You can always go a little softer in front if you want. Is the group deal with KYB/AGX shocks?

No, the group deal is with some company making stock sized 300/200 springs that lower the car 1". They're talking about using them with the AGX shocks. There is still no definate if it is going through.

I was thinking about ordering the Energy Suspension kit (one on there site for $114), it's everything but motor mounts. Then changed to some decent shocks and springs and calling it a day. Coilovers maybe.

edit
link to large thread on group buy
http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?postid=96712#post96712

link to poll thread
http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12080

Last edited:
captainoblivious said:
No, the group deal is with some company making stock sized 300/200 springs that lower the car 1". They're talking about using them with the AGX shocks. There is still no definate if it is going through.

Oh, I didn't see that group deal.

If it was me, I would just get true coilovers, therefore you would have some adjustability (like for corner-weighting so you get the "right" ride height) and the option of getting different springs if you wanted. I wouldn't like being stuck with 300/200. Also, you can set the ride height on the coilovers so you aren't any lower than 1", too.

I was thinking about ordering the Energy Suspension kit (one on there site for $114), it's everything but motor mounts. Then changed to some decent shocks and springs and calling it a day. Coilovers maybe.

I have the kit if you want to make me an offer for it. :) Brand new, in box. I was going to install it on my old SE-R before last year's Solo II nationals but didn't get around to it. I bought another kit at the same time for the '91 and most of the bushings are already installed on that car.

Shot you an email.

Gotta pay to play, your right about the coilovers, since I'm more concerned with ride height and adjustability that would be the smarter buy.

Gotta get the adjustable shocks for the lightning then it's mod time for the SE-R.

So far the mod list is:
replace warn suspension
ghetto air w/ K&N filter
help out brakes
header and exhaust.

clutch gets replaced when current one is about to die.

Thanks for the advice!!!!

Back