ffcd05db.jpg.thumb.jpg
ffc989d0.jpg.thumb.jpg
ffcd04b6.jpg.thumb.jpg
ffc98362.jpg.thumb.jpg
ffd55b1a.jpg.thumb.jpg

1999 Grand Am GT

Steve,

Not very frequently, it seems.

Steve, you want to get involved with this group? I'm just getting hooked up, and will be working with Chuck Palfi to help get things flying.

I'd like to get our local F150Online guys into the fold, and get a better on-line presence.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

1999.5 "Red Pig" Lightning

I usually check MLOC section daily but not much really goes on here from what i've ever seen.It would be pretty neat to have a lot of traffic here from all of the other Michigan Owners. Maybe it will pick up when the tracks open back up. I'm only guessing though. I myself will continue to be on here year round. -Mike
White '94

It seems that the reg. guys that are with the MILOC don't do much racing! Ahead of time planning for meetings would be nice also (maybe I just missed the announcements). I wouldn't mind getting more involved if there was more activity.

Having owned this truck six months, I have just started to use the internet to find sites to discuss info with other owners.
It has been helpful to share ideas with new people about whatever is going on. There are owners in Michigan that feel the same way, and everyone needs to get through winter. I know I would never drive this truck in the cold, snow or ice. That, I think is the hang up.

Well, I HAVE to drive mine through the winter but doesn't stop me from viewing the boards. I guess if they don't drive them they can't talk either..?

Thanks for the good word Gordon!

I started the MiLOC back in late summer of 2000 because I wanted to share experiences and racing and "bench racing" with other Lightning owners. I was tired of trying to get local guys together once or twice a year and never having any response. So I figured I go on the "build it and they will come" theory.

PFA is right, last year we didnt do much planning ahead (as we were just trying to get a start) and we only went to Milan like 2 or 3 times. With Gordons help (and the help of all other registered members) I want to really turn this club into something special this year. Hopefully we can start 01 with a clean slate and come together as a group. Details of membership should be posted at www.miloc.org (We will be working with Corey, our webmaster, for site updates and a new design for 01).

Just for the record the Miloc is taking JAn and Feb off and we will be resuming activity in March. We will probably use Feb for planning and web site redisgn, etc. Thanks.

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

Speaking as an MiLOC member it seems that we are fairly busy during the winter. We do meet once a month for an informal dinner during the spring, summer and fall months.
Most members (except myself) seem to be centered around the Detroit area. I'm in the SW corner of the state. Is there anybody else over here?

------------------
Bill S.
94 red #3200
NLOC #407

I'm over here in the extreme southeast corner of Michigan. Just above Toledo Ohio actually. I did notice most MILOC members are pretty close to Detroit, and I kind of consider myself close too (only 45 minutes south) I also havent yet had the truck to the track yet, so this spring I'l show up at Milan for sure, and hopefully see some of you there. In the mean time I think I'll really consider Joining MILOC.

------------------
View

Its great to hear that most of you are willing to keep an open mind and give the MiLOC a chance!! In the long run it can only benefit us all, as Lightning owners and people with common interests.

Trust me when I say this year will be different! Organization is coming and with it, great things for the club!!!

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or things you'd like to see for the MiLOC, please feel free to drop me a direct e-mail!

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

Back