Hey guys...anyone got a spare Eaton?

Stewart

Never fry bacon naked!
I'm looking for a cheap, spare Eaton for my '99 L. I'm thinking about having mine ported by Mark at LFP but I can't afford to be down while the booster is off because the L is my work truck.

Anyone have know of a hook up? Maybe even loan it to me while mine is out being ported? ;) :D

Stewart

I would loan it to you if I had it, but I sold my spare a while back. Also it was for a 01 and later.

Good luck...

Try contacting Bad as L in the WASH LO group. He doe's porting I believe and may have a spare. His name is Dale and a highly respected member of the L community.

Roy

You might also look into PSE Superchargers in NorCal. It's a lot closer. www.pse.us.

I spoke to the owner at a car show this summer and he seemed to know porting Lightning stuff. At least he knew Apten porting vs. his.

:bigtu:

Stewart,

If you don't mind spending a little bit more. Just get the port done by Steigemeier (I know I spelled that wrong!). They will send out a unit and then you send yours to them. You can even get one with low mileage and either "SVT" or "Eaton" on the case (if you so desire). Jody (camcojb) got one from them and it was just as good as the core he sent to them. They do very good work!! That's who I'm using for my port job. :wave:

Steve

]l-l[avoksDream said:
They quoted me $395 for the port job. $100 more to port the plenum and t-body at the same time.

In my book, those aren't bad prices. Their ports are tested and true (nothing against LFP). Also, I added up the cost for LFP to do the tb and plenum port (with eaton port) and it came out to more than $495.

I'm not going to do the tb and plenum port. I already have a C&L plenum and I'll stick with the stock tb for now. With a 4lb pulley, I should be good to go :devious:

Steve

Yeah, I'm not sure what I want to do.

Mark at LFP offered me a nice deal for porting my Eaton. And I've heard a lotta good things about his porting. Plus I'm pretty loyal to Mark because he's provided me with excellent customer service for products that are top of the line, but affordable.

I'm just looking for a cheap way to make more power for the "right now" even though eventually I'll probably get a Kenne-Bell a few years down the road.

I should probably save my money for a tranny rebuild first tho. I think my tranny is robbing me of a lot of horsepower because my buddy with his stock pullied '99 is faster than my '99 with a 4lb lower. :banghead: :cuss:

Stewart

Back