Here is a pic of my White Lightning with clear marker lights

J

John893

I just put these on this weekend. I had to buy orange bulbs because the stock ones are clear. I will post some better pics of the truck with the marker lights when I get a chance. But for now....

lightcl.jpg

john
how much of a pain were they to install
i just brought a set myself. just need to
find the time to put them on..
thanks
steve
red 93#4347
nloc#284

They are pretty easy actually, you can do them both in under an hour. remove the battery and the coolant overflow tank. I think thers 2 or 3 bolts on each side, remove the assy and swap lens and bulbs and reverse.

hay steve took about 2hrs for me. i just put the same on my truck. i will also post new pic's had to remove the batt on one side the washer bottle on the other. the marker lights are attached to the head light bezel. there are two screws holding them to the bezel there is also a bracket holding in the top clear turn siginal in place.3 11mm bolt's hold the light in place. the rear lights are a breeze took about 10 min for those just 4 screws.

John-
Could you post the part # and where you got the marker lights from? Thanks.
They look great!

I'm not traditionally a fan of clear marker lights, but yours look nice!

Clear marker lights look right at home on a WHITE LIGHTNING, LOOKS REAL GOOD

Thanks for all the positive feed back. I put the pic up so it would help others decide if they wanted to go with the clear marker lights. I don't like clear taillights but I think the marker lights help clean up the front of the vehicle. I did it to my 93 Cobra and loved the way it looked. A lot of the people on the corral.net said it looked like a rice burner! I always used head light covers to cover the orange on the side of the car but now I don't have too.

Here is a pic of my 93

cobra5.jpg

Thanks again!

John

93 Teal Cobra #4656
95 White Lightning #153

I have the clear side markers in my dark green 92 Mustang and they look great.
Jeff accused me of having the "rice" look at first, but I think he has warmed up to the idea some. Having clear lights in the back do look ricey (my opinion, no offence meant).

Ya know, I bet the clear lights would look great on the white 00 lightning also...
Any thoughts on this, Jeff? :eek:)

Trace

john how did you attach the cool pic with your message. i would like to attach my pic of my blk 95 with the whole clear set up. thank's any help would be great. by the way you truck and car both look great. my 2 cents

Only after the mud flaps, CB whip, and 100-spokes, Trace. ;-) ::duck::

Just kidding...
Jeff S.

This is how to post pics

pic.jpg

Just make sure you don't use any spaces.

Hope this helps

John

Hey Five0drw,

You should attach the pic of your black Lightning, I would realy like to see a black one!

tried that e-mail address to send my pic to.
but it did not work. i will send the pic to jeff so e can post them. the truck looks real good but dont think the blue springs missiouri police liked them. cost 96 dollars. for defective equipment. think he was just bored and did not have anything to do oh well just watch your self

Back