Help!!!!!

REDSVT150

MADMAN
Okay, how much do you think it would cost to ship my truck to you? I am located in Louisiana. My truck as of lately is not running where I think it should based on past performance.

REDSVT150 said:
Okay, how much do you think it would cost to ship my truck to you? I am located in Louisiana. My truck as of lately is not running where I think it should based on past performance.

Hey what going on with the truck?

We have had many guys ship their trucks here for work. I think it would be about 800-900 each way from LA. I dont know of any companys that do that but I have seen a few trucks get here that way. Dealer Jim sent his truck here from Tennesse that way. Id ask around and call some places for a quote on that. But we would love to have the truck here to diagnose it.

JimIII

I have lost ET and MPH. The truck had been running consistent 11.6's and 7's@118-120mph. It had been a best of 11.45@122.7. Lately I have been seeing ET's and MPH at 11.9-12.0@110-115mph.

Brad

Does the truck have cats? How does it drive normally? Any fuel issues, Fuel pressure, filter, pumps?

JimIII

Last edited by a moderator:
JimIII,

The truck has LT's with Hiflo cats. It drives fine(normal) which leads me to believe there is nothing mechanically wrong with it. Remember I am no mechanic so what seems fine to me may not be fine to someone else. As far as fuel issues go I run the usual 93 on the street and change my fuel filter fairly regularly. I have 255lph pumps in the tank but I do not have a fuel pressure gauge in the truck so I do not know. I would have to have someone look at that to tell me. When I go to the track I like to have at least 1/4 tank(93) and I add 5gal of VP racing fuel(117 octane). The reason is for the 20psi and timming in the race tune. When I was only running about 15-16psi I would put 104 unleaded in at the track instead.

Last edited:
REDSVT150 said:
JimIII,

The truck has LT's with Hiflo cats. It drives fine(normal) which leads me to believe there is nothing mechanically wrong with it. Remember I am no mechanic so what seems fine to me may not be fine to someone else. As far as fuel issues go I run the usual 93 on the street and change my fuel filter fairly regularly. I have 255lph pumps in the tank but I do not have a fuel pressure gauge in the truck so I do not know. I would have to have someone look at that to tell me. When I go to the track I like to have at least 1/4 tank(93) and I add 5gal of VP racing fuel(117 octane). The reason is for the 20psi and timming in the race tune. When I was only running about 15-16psi I would put 104 unleaded in at the track instead.

Have you only been running these bad times on the 117 VP fuel. Is that C16 or a leaded fuel? If so you need to run that stuff straight really and never on the street, it will glaze the spark plugs.

JimIII

JimIII@JDM said:
Have you only been running these bad times on the 117 VP fuel. Is that C16 or a leaded fuel? If so you need to run that stuff straight really and never on the street, it will glaze the spark plugs.

JimIII

Jim I have been adding the C16. I started adding the C16 when I went to the 20psi and was told I had 20deg of timming in my race tune. I will have to pull plugs and have a look at them. I don't drive the truck as a daily driver, but I probably don't burn off all the C16 at the track. I usually go fill the truck with 93 after the track to be able to drive it around ocassionally.

I also sent you a PM.

Last edited:
I would use straight piping the same diameter of your mid pipes and ditch the cats. Make sure that you dont run the C16 on the street or change your plugs often. I would get a fuel drain and carry some jugs around for excess or spare fuel. I think this is your problem. Check the plugs, replace and regap at .030" or so. This should fix your issues.

JimIII

Definitely mid pipe with no cats. Over time the lead does corrode the plugs as Jim said, and misfires at idle goes up. Doesnt seem to be down on any power though, in my experience, just rougher idling.

Back