Help me turbo guys esp with tuning!

That intercooler is not good enough for big power, but will be fine for moderate power. By big I mean 700+.

Although I agree, (boost loss through the core is significant), the Buick GN guys are making crazy power through it. Most those guys dont care they loose 3-5psi because the IC does such a great job of cooling the charge. True that a nice full size spearco would do the job better, it is also a grand, there is a psd IC in the parts column for less than $200, hows that for bang for the buck?

I've been running draw-through for 4 years with absolutely NO drivability issues. Lots of people here have ridden in my truck and can attest to that. Rob LaSorta, Joe Cloutier, David Wilks are/were all mass air turbo Gen 1s. Rob is running an EEC-V computer, I don't know if he's draw-through or blow-through.

Jeff's truck is a peach to drive, I actually drove it in 2 summers ago ,and it hooked me on turbo power. From that point on all I could think of was the mid/top range pull of that truck, it made me hate changing belts and blowing the belt dust from the NOVI.
I used to think of Jeff as the king of power adders having owned a strim, a kenne, and now a turbo. I think I have him beat: a belt drive powerdyne, xb1a, novi 2000 race and now a pt76gts. You sure as hell have cost me a lot of money Jeff!!:), but it has been a fun journey and wouldn't of done it anyother way.

Last edited:
sstock said:
That intercooler is not good enough for big power, but will be fine for moderate power. By big I mean 700+.

Although I agree, (boost loss through the core is significant), the Buick GN guys are making crazy power through it. Most those guys dont care they loose 3-5psi because the IC does such a great job of cooling the charge. True that a nice full size spearco would do the job better, it is also a grand, there is a psd IC in the parts column for less than $200, hows that for bang for the buck?

I've been running draw-through for 4 years with absolutely NO drivability issues. Lots of people here have ridden in my truck and can attest to that. Rob LaSorta, Joe Cloutier, David Wilks are/were all mass air turbo Gen 1s. Rob is running an EEC-V computer, I don't know if he's draw-through or blow-through.

Jeff's truck is a peach to drive, I actually drove it in 2 summers ago ,and it hooked me on turbo power. From that point on all I could think of was the mid/top range pull of that truck, it made me hate changing belts and blowing the belt dust from the NOVI.

I've seen guys pick up 100-200 rwhp by removing that intercooler, and not running one at all! Then again that's on a centrifugal setup and may not apply here. As far as draw through I'm speaking of Gen 2's. Still haven't seen a draw through 2nd gen that didn't do this. The Gen 1's seem to have much more room between the maf and turbo.

Jody

Steve, you forgot my BD-10, D1B, Innovative T70 and NOS 05115. ;) And that's ignoring the PT98 and Eaton on the other trucks. :eek: :D

I am truly sorry about the money, though. :(

Back