Hello old friends??

Adam@CGM

Hey all...been quite sometime since I've been active on the forum. A number of years back I had things change in life etc...ended up having to change my screen name. I was previously known as Stroked93'...Anyways, on to why I've come back. After many years of turmoil about my 93' I've decided it's time to sell. I've listed it on Marketplace but, the thought of just some regular Joe in my much loved Lightning is hard to swallow! I would much rather one of you all be in it. In the coming days I will list it here in the classifieds. If anyone who remembers me and my truck is in the market before I get it listed please contact me. Thanks all!! Adam

Wow I remember following your build thread! Are you sure you want to sell?

Listed it for $15k but, to the right person it's negotiable. 408w...built everything, new paint..hell, new everything.

I'll do a more detailed listing for yall. But, if one was to pay for this engine at a shop it would be every bit of a $25k build.

Hiya Adam! You need to keep this and finally get it going.
Folks, I’ve seen this truck and it’s absolutely beautiful. Former Brian Baskins truck, I think it has Lightning Ralphs original block. Adam has gone over this truck top to bottom, front to back. The paint alone is worth the price. I’d spring for it, but being retired on a fixed income kinda kills the deal for me. Its a bargain at 25k let alone what Adam is asking its a steal!

Thanks Jim! I've been thinking alot about you guys lately. I look back and when I first bought this truck I was around 25 years old...I'm now 45 and life is just different now. I've kept it undercover since I pretty much finished it 5 years ago and have told myself for those years ..."this summer it's gonna drive"..Realizing a couple months back that another summer has gone by and still it sits has almost brought me to tears. I just had to come to terms with things and move on. The only thing it needs is tuned. Well, at this point a little maintenance first but, tuned and will be a great street truck. I really want someone from NLOC to buy it!! I don't want to just sell it to some schmuck. The longer it sits the more it's like I'm just watching it rot away.

^^^^^^^^^^Welcome back^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the way it was with my '53 F-250. It got to the point where I had to admit to myself that I couldn't do a frame-off restomod in the driveway. I was fortunate enough to find a guy a couple towns over who rebuilt those trucks. I felt ashamed for letting that truck go (bought it from my Dad when I was 15); but that went away when the tow truck went out of my view. Then I was allowed to work on more feasible projects. I hope for your sake that somebody on this forum takes that truck off of your hands.

Back