Headliner help

HPzSVT

The Newb
To whom this may concern,
This is the first post ive made but i would like to introduce myself...im boosted32vs son and got my license last may and car...Its my very own 95 f150 L'. Restored some simple stuff power steering, rear gas tank, suspension work, ignition, distributor, cap and rotor, spark plugs, and repainted wheels and more recently the water pump and bolts rusted stuck into the block...its got 150,000 miles so its seen some wear and tear but the interior looks great except the headliner its sagging and the other day my backpack grabbed it and gave it a 4inch gaping hole:angry: Needed some advice as to where to get similar headliner, how to get to it, i see some basic panels to get it out but will i have to take the seatbelt mounts off?

Yes youll have to remove the belt upper mounts IF you need to completely remove the side panel trim pcs. You can kinda work them to a laid over position but not sure if that will allow the liner out. You need to remove all teh upper trim pieces and then IIRC there are a few screws under the trim on the edges of the liner to secure it. Remove them and it should pretty much remove itself. You can get headliner material from an upholstery shop or take it to them to recover it. It isnt hard to do yourself you takes time to clean and remove the old and reglue the new. I have had all the trim off but never took the liner downn on the truck but I have redone a couple in Mustangs.

I did the one in my mustang, it wasn't too bad. I removed the headliner, peeled all the fabric off, use an old credit card or plastic bondo applicator to scrape off the foam insulation, and a sanding sponge to get the rest off, get some similar "Headliner fabric" with foam attached from the fabric store and some 3M "Spray adhesive"
Lay the headliner board upside down on a table with some plastic under it.

Lay the fabric over the headliner, peel it half back, spray the board and fabric with the adhesive. Give it a few minutes to get tacky, then carefully lay it back over the board, smoothing from the inside out with your hand, (best to have someone help on the other side so you don't get wrinkles) Wait a few minutes, then fold back the other side and do the same. Then trim around the edges with scissors, and cut holes for the dome light, sun visors, etc. Mine turned out really well, and only cost $30 bucks or so.

hey i appereciate it...ive got all of the tools just need the headliner, i might even replace the old dome light, doesnt work well and makes my tuck simular to an old crown vick, also nice truck

Back