Headed to the dyno tomorrow!

Trav4011

Rebuild101.jpg

Headed out in the morning.. Going over to L&S in Baton Rouge to work out the remaining driveability bugs, and hop on the dyno to see what she makes on the pump gas tune. :)

Video and pics later this evening..

Travis

Can I datalog that with my SCT SF3? If so, I'll log everything that I can..

Travis
Should be able to - Tell Vince to make sure it's logging. It's nice to have those logs to go back to later on as well... :eek:ldtu:

Going to jump on Jeff's dyno.. Working on driveability right now. Swapped to a BA2600 and it's running great!

Didnt make it to the dyno today.. I had to replace a set of fouled plugs, and changed my o2 sensors.. But, it's getting close.. We just ran out of time before we could make it to the dyno before 5pm. So, we'll finish it tomorrow..

Travis

Goodluck Trav! Vince at L&S should take good care of ya! Tell him Harley356 said hello and pop into the HD boards once in a while LoL!

it's hot as hell down here.. 14.5psi so far with my pulley combo. Baseline was 512 @ 10 degrees and 10:1 a/f without locking the converter.

Well.. what a disappointing 2 days it's been..

I'll say this up front.. Vince over at L&S Automotive has been a nice guy, and has been trying to tune on my truck.. but, I'm a little disappointed in the outcome so far. After spending over 1000 bucks in the past 2 days, my truck won't even idle properly.. (I had to push it off of the trailer this evening when I got it home).

I know that tuning on big injectors can be a pain, but, I don't think that it's something that should take more than a few days to nail down. I've tuned street cars with 1000+cc injectors, and I know what it involves.. I don't know SCT's software, which is where the problem comes in for me. So, I figured I'd let someone more experienced get it up and running. And, while Vince is a super nice guy to deal with.. I just don't think that this is something that he's going to be able to tune. We left the dyno today.. with the truck not running properly at startup, idle, or WOT. The truck made crappy numbers, but, I'm not even really concerned with that right now. it was hot, and conditions were far from ideal.. My biggest gripe is that the truck is not driveable, after spending what I spent.. money AND time wise. And, while Vince did offer to take the truck back and tune on it more, I just don't feel comfortable with that. Again.. nice guy.. but, I have a LOT of money invested here, and I just don't want to risk it.

I'm a little aggravated that I spent a grand+, between a SCT MAF, that I didn't even really want or think that I needed (had a MAFia and stock MAF from JLP), and a few other misc. things, plus dyno time, and I can't even drive the truck around right now. The tune that Johnny and I were working on via email was actually pretty close, and I just figured that L&S would be able to build on what he had started. I didn't realize that I would be changing out meters.. starting over from scratch.. etc.. It's just really frustrating..

Like I said.. Vince is a nice guy.. and I have no personal problem with him.. I just think that this vehicle/setup is beyond what he's capable of tuning. After 2 days, I should be able to at least have decent driveability/cold start and idle.

So, final numbers for today.. 514whp/539wtq @ 11.5-12 degrees, and A/F ratio off the chart, rich. When the truck is warm, it seems to idle decently, and drives ok.. but, still has a nasty tip in issue.. especially off-idle, where it wants to die if you blip the throttle and let off. (this made it fun trying to load on the trailer). Cold start is horrible.. The truck will NOT run.. at all. It'll fire, and die.. Smells pig rich.

I talked to Johnny late this evening, and he offered me a deal that I couldn't refuse.. So, I will be traveling up to PA within the next few weeks, to get my truck tuned.. Johnny.. I appreciate the late call back, and I'll see you in a few weeks.

Travis

That would suck to go all the way up to PA and realize that it was either a broken part, bad wire, punctured hose, etc....you don't think it could be anything simple, no?

Nah.. everything is brand new.. literally. The truck was running pretty damn good with Johnny's rough tune.. So, I know that it's not something that was pre-existing.

Man sorry to hear that Trav :( For $1k you could have traveled up to JL's in the first place and got it nailed in. Your combo is pretty similar to mine with the exception of you've got XR heads and I've only got stage 3's, and I've got the Comp-R exhaust and you've got OBX. Other than that, motor, blower, plenums, injectors, etc. we're setup pretty much the same. Johnny should have no problem getting you dialed right in.

Let me know when you're headed up this way. Maybe if you're up over a weekend we can have a GTG and you can meet some of the DelValLO crew. Drive up thurs, get tuned fri, hang out sat, head back sun???

Yeah.. and I was mentioning that to Vince.. About how your truck was damn near the same as mine in terms of our setups. You're running the 80's injectors, right?

I'd love to hang out.. I'll probably have another buddy with me.. He'll be in his 02 Lightning.. so, it would be great to meet up with some of the Northeast crew. We'll definitely make it a week long deal..

Travis

Back