Hagerty showcase

FlatOut

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
I've been holding off on making this post for a while now. But the video has been released. Late last fall Ryan Symancek from Hagerty reached out to me on a whim from a random FB page where he saw we had some "mutual" friends. He had an almost impossible deadline to make a video for hagerty's youtube page. Having never met him before and a couple phone conversations I agreed to help him out. Unsuspected of what i actually owned for a lightning they had to get real creative on how to make a show about it. I loaded the truck up and trailered it to Monitcello Motorclub (about 2.5 hours away). I wasn't comfortable letting somebody else drive it, especially with how it should be driven to showcase just how awesome it is, I did all of the "action" driving. He did a few parade laps to do the in truck commentary. Other than a few minor errors in facts and a little "tacky" start to the story line they put together one hell of a video and I get a memory for a kick *** day that i got to thrash on the old truck to showcase a little light on an old niche market. Watch the video and see what you think.
Disclaimer. I am not an actor. Haha

P3bRVkMl.jpg

VavedM2l.jpg

fk6LGiKl.jpg

4QevzR8l.jpg

rr6Oh2bl.jpg

Last edited:
That is SO COOL!

Love the pic where all the leaves are in the air, I'd have that framed! Also you did way better than I ever would in front of the camera.

Man that was awesome! Like 5 o’clock on a Friday!!! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, It was definitely a great experience. Gave me to opportunity to really push myself and my driving. Truck performed phenomenal, better than i expected. except when I got all 4 brakes to pour smoke and fade to nothing, but a couple cool down corners and they came right back. Other than that little situation, the turbo setup handled a hand full of hard back to back laps. No issues with melting anything near the turbo stuff. no problem with keeping the truck cool at all. Engine, Trans, suspension, tune everything just worked like it was supposed to. After a few laps in the morning I was very comfortable to push the truck pretty hard. Had a couple of nice 4 wheel slides at speed and obviously if induced some serious oversteer as you can see. The slide thru the leaves was moving a lot faster than the video makes it look, I was in 3rd gear wide open so I had to be cruising along pretty good especially by the end of it. Anyway. The response I've gotten has been way more than I ever expected. I had a great time and im certainly glad that guy reached out to me and we could make it happen.

Did they give you any extra footage or anything? That would be cool to see if they did. That must of been one killer day.

How awesome is that!!! Way to go!!

My single claim to fame is a few minutes interview from the 1999 WFC. They were all impressed that I'd driven a 12 second truck 900 miles to race it. 20 years later, no one would bat an eye at that!

BTW, regarding the brakes, I recently ran across some pictures of when I put the TCE brakes on my truck. Prior to that, I'd done AutoX and track stuff in my truck with the stock brakes. In the pictures, I can see all the radial cracks in my stock rotors.

Watching that manual in action again... man...

Last edited:
Back