Had to dispatch a deer last night...

frank5079

My wife hit a young buck with her van last night, down a lonely country road, on the way home. The collision not only broke her right headlight assembly and bent up her hood, but it also broke his right antler, blinded him in his right eye and broke his right foreleg. He kept on flopping several times trying to get up. So I got back in my truck, grabbed my gun bag, and pulled my Smith & Wesson SD40VE, and popped him twice in back of the head, and put him out of his misery. If I could have loaded him onto my truck, I would have, but the best I could do was drag him onto the shoulder....

Glad to hear you went out of your way to do the right thing...that buck surely would have died slowly if you didn't.

I personally would have went for the lungs behind the front legs, but I'm assuming you were able to get up close and personal.

Huh? Maybe we should start a sub-forum for things that have absolutely nothing to do with a Gen1 Lightning?
I made dinner and changed some diapers this evening........:D

Huh? Maybe we should start a sub-forum for things that have absolutely nothing to do with a Gen1 Lightning?
I made dinner and changed some diapers this evening........:D

Thanks for that Adam ...

It was very difficult for me to not to state pretty much that very same thing but feared I'd only further a reputation I apparently already have.

... and BTW we do have a sub-forum " ... for things that have absolutely nothing to do with a Gen1 Lightning ..." actually we have two.

There's one here: http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/forumdisplay.php/802-General-Discussion, and another one here: http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/forumdisplay.php/403-ALMOST-Anything-Goes

Being this is posted in Almost anything goes I dont see why some people are getting all testy over it.

Option 2 also applies which is dont clicky the linky if you no wanta see whaty it say.

Yeah Bump, why are you so mad...you should drink more...

I am ... I'm really not sure I how could bio physically drink more than I do already, but apparently I just keep getting testier and testier.

Perhaps I should try drinking less, and 'smoking' more?

... after all, stats within America's pot-smoking middle-aged population is up to 5.4%

I am ... I'm really not sure I how could bio physically drink more than I do already, but apparently I just keep getting testier and testier.

Perhaps I should try drinking less, and 'smoking' more?

... after all, stats within America's pot-smoking middle-aged population is up to 5.4%

The greenery would mellow you some the booze seems to get your testies all knotted up.

Yeah Bump, why are you so mad...you should drink more...

Yeah,, ANY activity on this board is a miracle. Why rock the boat? this place is a cricket nest lately.....If it wasn't for Jeff reappearing this place is a Ghost town. So what about the content?

I agree with you Bump. I don't think there is anything TESTI about any of it. We are all guilty to a certain extent of sending a thread or post askew with something that has nothing to do with what this forum is about but, for the most part it's kept to at least something to do with something. We are all friends here and I'm not personally chastising anyone nor do I think Bump is. It's just.... (for me) I come on here to read/learn about what others are doing with there Gen1 Lightnings. If I wanted to read about a van hitting a deer on a country road I would look elsewhere for this type of entertainment. Yea,yea.... "don't click on it if you don't want to read it". I looked cause I expected to read a story about a guy hitting a deer with his Gen1 not a story about a guys wife hitting a deer with a van then he had to shoot it. What? Really? This adventure needed to be conveyed on a forum dedicated to Lightnings? There is other avenues for this such as your Facebooks or whatever the kids are using these days. And incase anyone hasn't noticed a good majority of the threads that are started around here are about the same thing repeated year in and year out. Rarely is there anything new or ground breaking and it has been that way for good long while it's not just a recent occurrence. Just sayin.... if this thread wasn't moved then Bump wouldn't be doing his job we hired him for.

There has been a massive lack of content on Gen 1 over the last few weeks anyway. I was glad to see anything posted.

Back