Guess we all need to sell our R/Ts 'n Lightnings for 4.3 S10s....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:

I said with MY RT I would save 10k, not a new one. I only paid 15,400 for mine so a Powerdyne, 9lb pulley, and Felpro heads would cost me a lil under 3k, taking my total cost to only bout $18,500, hence the 10k savings. And looking at the slalom numbers I still say an R/T will outhandle a Gen II L. Not sure about a Gen 1. Can't find any real numbers on it. Only heard about the mystical and elusive .9X Gs. I am more interested in slalom numbers though since while a Cobra R will pull more Gs than a Viper, in a road course or slalom, the Viper ACR will still slaughter it.

Not looking to turn this into a flame war Adam, hope you aren't as well.

Now let's get back to that S10.... They claim he has videos and witnesses to it. Maybe he is doing SOMETHING VERY, VERY right....

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 07-04-2001).]
</font>

First off, I find it funny that you started a post here that pointed to a fourm where your talking smack against the Lightning's and then you basically ask for our help?! Nice try.

As for handling read this

http://nloc.org/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000385.html

I think that pretty much sums up the handling aspect.

Then you say "and I paid 10k less LOL" LOL huh, what's so funny? I could pay a thousand bucks for a older Mustang, drop a 347 in it and kick the crap out of a Mercedes. Do you think he's going to go trade in for a mid eighty's mustang? What's your point? I paid more for the Lightning because I could afford to and it's worth every penny. This "I paid less" is about the only valid argument left and it's used quite often as we all can see.
Also - How did you figure you'll run a few tenth's faster? then what? a bone stock L towing a jet ski?

And as for starting a flame war, like I need to worry? Your the one who started this thread which pointed to your FALSE statistics, don't try and act like the big, mean, bully Lightning owners are picking on you.

As for your Viper vs. Cobra-r comment, who cares? I really don't trust a word you say anyway since your so delusional about anything mopar. Anyway, if your so concerned about the 10 grand you saved with the R/T you have no business in either the Viper or Cobra-r. BTW- Nice try at a cheap stab

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

PB50291.jpg

Hey Jeff I think that guys brain is about a second off.

------------------
Jeff
Red 94L #1962
White 85 GT, Norcal Shelby Club Track car & SCCA C Prepared Autocross Monster
moon.gif

[/b][/QUOTE]
all da time baby
cool.gif

[/B][/QUOTE]YEAH! MAHALO! Nice pic! That's what I'm talkin 'bout!

[This message has been edited by Gitchi Manitou (edited 07-05-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gitchi Manitou:
</font>
all da time baby
cool.gif

[/b][/QUOTE]YEAH! MAHALO! Nice pic! That's what I'm talkin 'bout!

[This message has been edited by Gitchi Manitou (edited 07-05-2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

yu like dat huh...i will start designing moa to feed yur animal appetite(hawaiian style)...smooth.......surrrfiiinnnnnnn "more broadage for da screenage"

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

I said with MY RT I would save 10k, not a new one. I only paid 15,400 for mine so a Powerdyne, 9lb pulley, and Felpro heads would cost me a lil under 3k, taking my total cost to only bout $18,500, hence the 10k savings. And looking at the slalom numbers I still say an R/T will outhandle a Gen II L. Not sure about a Gen 1. Can't find any real numbers on it. Only heard about the mystical and elusive .9X Gs.
[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 07-04-2001).]
</font>
Where are you getting the S/C and the heads from is that installed as well. only 3K. Yeah right almost 3K for the S/C and then over another K for the heads and that is not installed.

------------------
2002 Lightning
Hopefully

Hey quick he is close...the powerdyne is only 2100 or 2200..dependin where ya buy it...the heads ..i got a quote for just under
800.00 But installed...uhhh uhhh..no way.. the labor ..... hey that can be done by ones self..if ya have the skills..Hey ryan dont forget headgaskets etc...and manifold also...And if yar into it...fuel system like i have done..yu gotta go all out ..forged pistons(doin now) will be a must after yu get greedy and want more boost(like me)a good $5500 to $7000 in performance makes a good dependable R/T..but ya gotta spend...thats the R/T platform..buy it and build on it...gotta luv it...To each his own
and hence trucks shall inherit da ROAD......yes
cool.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 07-07-2001).]

LOL, I meant headgaskets, not heads. nly $90 for the set pof Fel-Pros.
smile.gif

Surfa, I'm going the giggle gas route. It's cheaper/more practical for me right now. I won't rule out an SC in the future though.

If we wanna go fast that is. There's a fella on xtremeowners.com saying his 98 S10 SS runs 13.7s on motor, 12.1@111MPH on a 125 shot, and 11.6 on a 175 shot. Oh, and besides the N20, his only other mods, as he claims, are, and I quote, "stock heads ported and polished and intake also had a cam".
</font>

bsflag.gif
bsmeter.gif

------------------
-'93 GMC Typhoon
-'77 Chevy Corvette
-'70 Chevy El Camino

I agree with ya there, NJTy!!

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

LOL, I meant headgaskets, not heads. nly $90 for the set pof Fel-Pros.
smile.gif

Surfa, I'm going the giggle gas route. It's cheaper/more practical for me right now. I won't rule out an SC in the future though.
</font>

Giggle rules...

So ya gonna join the ranks of the DA Squeezed group eh Ryan! Kewl.. As Alan, Charles and I have shown, 12's are possible with a 150 shot and some airflow mods... you have the headers and Exh and TB dont you?

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
13.08 @ 103.37
Sigpic.jpg

Yessir Dan. Have the K&n Gen II feeding air into the F&B 52mm TB, out through the Mopar chrome headers, back into the Catco Hi-Flow Cat and out through the Race Magnum bullet muffler where it's expelled through my dual chrome tips.

I was talking to Ron Merx last night and he told me to go with a 200 shot.
smile.gif

Hmmmmm............
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 07-09-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NJTy180:
bsflag.gif
bsmeter.gif

</font>

I had to get another one in there..
bullshit.gif

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

fe5e42b8.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: JJ's Whitelight
Numbers?? You want numbers?? well here you go Dapurple.... Motor Trend special Sport Ute truck buyers guide. Which says to display until 08/07/01.

Page 25. Data Chart on 4 trucks tested,
Dakota 1/4 mile 15.4 @88.86mph
Dakota Braking 60-0 215ft
Dakota lateral accel 0.83
Dakota Slalom 60.43

Page 31, road test of a 01L Data Sheet,
01 Lightning 1.4 mile 14.3 @ 99.7mph
01 Lightning Braking 60-0 150 ft
01 Lightning lateral accel 0.875
01 Lightning slalom 61.3mph

and that is with 820lbs more truck. Daks weigh 3850 and L's weigh 4670.

I also hate to break it to you, but one of the trucks they tested was a Toyota Tacoma S-Runner and it is only a tick behind a Dak R/T @ 15.6 1/4, 0.81 g's, and it gets 22 mpg.....

There are your numbers.... youre welcome.... JJ
</font>

WAIT A MINUTE! Am I the only who noticed he is posting MAGAZINE TIMES! We all know about those. Geez, you really new to this game aren't you? First you didn't know what a power adder was and now quoting magazine times? You're on a roll. What next? The butt-dyno?

Even from you're own "stats" you claim the '01 L, which is supposed to be faster, doesn't even break into the 13s. Then you are about 200 lbs shy on the weight of the R/T.

Do yourself a favor and don't use anymore magazines as sources for your argument.

Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh, LMFAO, good God Adam, where do you find this stuff?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yessir Dan. Have the K&n Gen II feeding air into the F&B 52mm TB, out through the Mopar chrome headers, back into the Catco Hi-Flow Cat and out through the Race Magnum bullet muffler where it's expelled through my dual chrome tips.

I was talking to Ron Merx last night and he told me to go with a 200 shot.
smile.gif

Hmmmmm............
biggrin.gif

</font>

Hmmmmmmmmmm thats pushin it a lil I think.. ask Dan Dean how well the 200 shot works
smile.gif

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
13.08 @ 103.37
Sigpic.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Purple Haze:
Hmmmmmmmmmm thats pushin it a lil I think.. ask Dan Dean how well the 200 shot works
smile.gif

Danno

</font>

sounds like a lil lunch will be served..pistons dejur and crank cola mannnnnnn...thatll make ya giggle
biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

Well if anybody is interested I have a 1996 S-10 4.3L V6 regular cab Auto with the ZQ8 suspension (Xtreme suspension before the Xtreme.) 71K, and the engine just replaced. It also has a Cd player 16X8 wheels, bed liner. What do you think 8K that is what is owed. Then I can go and get my L
wink.gif

------------------
2002 Lightning
Hopefully

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ's Whitelight:

I also hate to break it to you, but one of the trucks they tested was a Toyota Tacoma S-Runner and it is only a tick behind a Dak R/T @ 15.6 1/4, 0.81 g's, and it gets 22 mpg.....

There are your numbers.... youre welcome.... JJ

</font>
Hey and guess what you can get the S Runner with a TRD SuperCharger from the Factory I believe or it is a dealer installed option but either case I bet it is pretty quick.

------------------
2002 Lightning
Hopefully

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Purple Haze:
smile.gif

Danno

</font>

Ron was joking with Ryan! Dan Dean can't get anything to work right!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We do know of someone that was using a 250 shot tho! Shall I say "time bomb?"

Lynda Merx

------------------
'99 SY CC Dakota R/T
'99 Dakota Sport
'99 Harley Road King
'00 Dodge Stratus SE
'95 Chevy S-10

Back