Group Purchase: JLP CAI- Box only or Ram Air

Anyone else interested in a JLP CAI? What about a JLP air tube and CAI combo?

Perhaps JL will give us a good discount on the purchase of 5-10 kits? :?

-Monty

I'm in?

I'll call JLP tomorrow to see if we can get in on the GP without being a paid member of the NHTOC.

Yea Id sure like in on this deal too if we can make it happen without having to be a paid member of NHTOC

Guys,
Let me ask Big D. In the past, he gave the OK for NHTOC/NLOC to share GBs with an SV for both sites. I'll post here as soon as I get a reply from Big D.
Another good idea is what STL01SVT above is planning to do.:tug:

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Firstly, mucho thanks again for Big for giving the OK for NLOC to join the GB inprogress @ NHTOC for JLP's inductions kits. Below is his PM reply:
Of course, JLP is an SV!
Same rules...must be an NLOC member.

Thanks,
...Dwight...

Just want to reiterate: must be a PAID NLOC member (JLP will be asking for your NLOC member #)

Will the ram air work on a 2.5"-3" dropped truck or will the wheel rub up against the tubing?

Oh chit, I'm not a member...forget it.

Don't take this as a slam, but why do the group buys have to be only for paid members? I realize it encourages people to join up, but won't most paid members already have the beginner mods? I've organized several group buys for other vehicles and never did it have any restriction.

Regardless, its always nice to see a vendor giving price breaks.

Darkside said:
Don't take this as a slam, but why do the group buys have to be only for paid members? I realize it encourages people to join up, but won't most paid members already have the beginner mods? I've organized several group buys for other vehicles and never did it have any restriction.

Regardless, its always nice to see a vendor giving price breaks.

What he said...

$155 for the JLP CAI + $150 for a polished C&L or $190 for a JL painted thunderpipe woud the only reason for me to purchase this setup rather than the K&N CAI ($199).

Either CAI will likely yield the same results, but I'm willing to pay $100 more for the bling.

Darkside
Not taking it as a slam at all because these are not my rules but by the board moderators. Maybe other sites allow GBs for non-paid members but a few weeks ago, new rules came into effect restricting GBs to paid members only (NHTOC & NLOC).

Big D or Nan will hopefully chime in to shed more light on this issue..

Yea Im a member on numerous boards and have never had to be a "paid" member to get in on a group buy..I thought that the knowledge that all the members contribute to the board would be more than enough to be included in a group buy, after all without the masses of "unpaid" members there wouldn't be much of a board would there?

SpeedJunky said:

Will the ram air kit work with a 3/4 Belltech drop kit or will the hose rub against the tire? I'm 22's with 295/30/22 rubber.
:hijacked: Hello/Hello/Hello, What/What He/He said/said... Thanks!!! Hopefully someone knows a lil' about rubbing issues. I didn't think about it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when this ends?? I sent dues to Nan last week so I don't have my member # yet. I would hate to miss out on this deal.:?

Vince

STRICKN' said:
Does anyone know when this ends?? I sent dues to Nan last week so I don't have my member # yet. I would hate to miss out on this deal.:?

Vince

JLP gave us 30 days from 28FEB2005. Pretty sure you have plenty of time:)

Back