Grand Am w/ Ram Air

R

rd95lightning

On my way back from the movies the other night a friend of mine pulled up beside me in their new "00"Grand Am w/Ram air at the light. Well to make a long story short he got left by about 4 1/2 car lengths. I hated doin that to a friend but if ya ask for it you get it. It was all in good fun!!!
Just thought I would share
smile.gif

95 Red Lightning #910

Like my Grandma used to say "That's what he gets for jumping on the bed"

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
NEWEST mod - Single Blade TB, JDM 'FlipChipenfiltered','Straightpiped', 'splitfired', 'billetted', 'Neoned', and 'Grooved' thanks to Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony, Clarion, Dynomat, and MTX

PB50291.jpg

So you're saying the Ram-Air thing doesn't work so well when it's Rammin' your exhaust fumes into its engine?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+
'91 GMC Syclone 12.0's@111.5,,,so far

Your sure it wasn't a Grand Prix? I haven't seen any GAs with ramair. If it was a Grand Prix it was a GTX (GTP with diff. wheels, badges, and ram-air) and it's a much better kill.
smile.gif

I guess the Ram air does need fresh air to work properly!! HEHE
smile.gif
But it was one of the new GA not the GP but I will keep my eye out for one of those too!!
smile.gif

L8r,
95 Lightning #910

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Your sure it wasn't a Grand Prix? I haven't seen any GAs with ramair. If it was a Grand Prix it was a GTX (GTP with diff. wheels, badges, and ram-air) and it's a much better kill.
smile.gif

</font>

Go to you Pontiac dealer and you will be surprised to find a GA GT with ram air. Ram Air or no ram air, it can't make that car into something it is not.

------------------
1996 SHO
K&N Conical
Borla Exhaust
Pirelli P6000's

Either way, both of those Pontiacs only have a V-6 in them, correct. Ram-air or no, Supercharged or turboes, aint no V-6 gonna open a can of whoop-ass on a blown V-8. Go ahead, make my day!

------------------
Bob
2000 WHITE LIGHTNING
#3903 born 06/14/00
Johnny Lightning Ram Air
Snug Top Bed Cover
1981 HONDA CBX
(in-line 6 cylinder)
Too Much Customizing To List.
1972 SUZUKI GT-750 LEMANS
(3 cylinder 2 stroke)
Cafe racer conversion

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cbxer66:
Either way, both of those Pontiacs only have a V-6 in them, correct. Ram-air or no, Supercharged or turboes, aint no V-6 gonna open a can of whoop-ass on a blown V-8. Go ahead, make my day!

</font>

I'll make your day with my Turbo'd V6!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+

Now Mike, You dont have a Pontiac!
Quick question Mike: What are your 1/8 mile ETs & MPH? Thanks, Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
Now Mike, You dont have a Pontiac!
Quick question Mike: What are your 1/8 mile ETs & MPH? Thanks, Rod K.

</font>

Rod K.

Ooops! Sorry, got all excited there. I thought it said 'Ain't NO V6 gonna open a can of whoop-ass on a blown V8'. While you're right,I do have a GMC, I know there is a Pontiac V6 with a turbo on it that has the ability to make his day too, I just don't own one of them.
frown.gif
Wish I did though!

Quick answer: 1/8 mile ET - 7.675
1/8 mile MPH- 90.66
I got those numbers off my 1/4 mile timeslip when I ran 12.05 @ 111.5 run at Atco,NJ. 4/28/2000. Hopefully after my new engine is broke in, I'll have even better numbers to put in my sig!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Mike Hague
'99 L Black 13.36@102.26
'95 Cobra R 13.18@106+

Hi all... This is a great forum you guys have. I thought I'd reply to this thread seeing as I have a GTP (although I'm considering purchasing a late model lightning... could use the bed space). Don't be so quick to think a supercharged V6 can't hang with a V8, supercharged or not. There's quite a bit of low end power to be had with a properly set up 3.8 with a supercharger.

I understand the theory that once you start mod'ing all bets are off, but I've got my GTP running 13.6/101.5 in the 1/4 mile. Generally (and I emphasize "generally") I can launch better off the line than a Lightning. I've run a couple and havne't lost to them yet. That's not saying I can't with the right truck and driver though. I don't want to leave anyone with the impression I think GTPs are the best things around. If I wanted to do that... I'd be driving a Honda Civic with Type R badges on it. hehehe...

Just don't immediately underestimate another car just because it has less cubes. Let's not forget cars/trucks such as the GNX, GN, Sy and Ty.

Y'all have an awesome site! Keep up the good work.

Later,
Marc

------------------
'97 GTP/Black/Sedan
3.0" pulley, ERL H2O Injection, Modified PCM, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, TPS-TEC, SLP Cold Air Intake, ASCD Ram Air hood, ThermoTech Wrap, RAT High Flow Throttle Body, Throttle Body Heat Shield, 160 Stat, 2.5" Catback exhaust w/ 3 chamber FlowMasters, Tranny Cooler, Energy Suspension PolyU-Bushings, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Strut Tower Braces, 17 x 8" Borbet Type E rims, Thrasher 12” Brake Upgrade, RAT Front and Rear Swaybars, Monroe Reflex Struts, and Dual A-Pillar Pod w/ Boost and Tranny Temp. Gauges

we've had a lot of newer GTP's at the track lately. There is one running an unknown amount of juice to it, and is almost hitting high 12's. like always, and like it always will be, you NEVER know whats really sitting next to you at the light! :)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nytmare:
Hi all... This is a great forum you guys have. I thought I'd reply to this thread seeing as I have a GTP (although I'm considering purchasing a late model lightning... could use the bed space). Don't be so quick to think a supercharged V6 can't hang with a V8, supercharged or not. There's quite a bit of low end power to be had with a properly set up 3.8 with a supercharger.

I understand the theory that once you start mod'ing all bets are off, but I've got my GTP running 13.6/101.5 in the 1/4 mile. Generally (and I emphasize "generally") I can launch better off the line than a Lightning. I've run a couple and havne't lost to them yet. That's not saying I can't with the right truck and driver though. I don't want to leave anyone with the impression I think GTPs are the best things around. If I wanted to do that... I'd be driving a Honda Civic with Type R badges on it. hehehe...

Just don't immediately underestimate another car just because it has less cubes. Let's not forget cars/trucks such as the GNX, GN, Sy and Ty.

Y'all have an awesome site! Keep up the good work.

Later,
Marc

</font>

Marc,

Thanks for the info, you opened my eyes to the potential of the GTP. Welcome.

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5e42b8.gif

Back