Gp Tuning & Dyno

BUCKSHOT

Ford Forever
GP Tuning & Dyno

Several NLOC MEMBERS and some NHTOC MEMBERS have expressed an interest for a CENTRAL ILLINOIS tuning session. I talked to my local shop (fccustoms.com) and they are willing to do one in April. Also talked to Sal at PSP and he is willing. We would need at least 15 members for a go. Dyno shop wants $75-$85 depending on number and Sal $100 first hour $50 after.
The Dyno shop is fairly new with the newest and best facilities and in front of the bld is a graphics shop for all types of Racing and parts. Motels and restaurants within two miles, also i
Interstate 55. Located in Springfield Illinois.
Still hoping for about 15, at 5 or so now. Could someone post for the Harley Club maybe they would be interested.
Here is the interest List so far. We need around 15! Shut Off 04/04! Still trying for April 23 & 24, 2005.
1 vvizard 675
2 02 superchrdhd
3 ILLINI-SVT
4 Blue Blot
5 Chitown Willie
6 Sonic 03L
7 Backin Black 93
8 St Louis Lightning

Last edited:
Check their Web Site (fccustoms.com). About 2 miles east of Interstate 55 in Industrial Park, near old Doctors Hospital.

i may be interested sounds like it would be worth it and would feel safer knowing my truck is tuned by a known lightning tuner

fccustoms looks like a good place, and i've never seen a baseline dyno run this cheap:

Dyno baseline run $49.95 and include the following:

Three runs on the dynamometer
Wide band fuel-air readings
Graph of results

took that from there web site, Buckshot, do you have any dates in mind? or is it open for discussion assuming the dyno is available.

That is just a Baseline pull. If you read further a Tuning pull is $89.95. But if we can get 15 or more maybe $75.00 or less w/SAL Tuning. Dates open for the Month of APRIL. SAL charges $100 first hour $50 if more needed. Just seeing if there is enough interest.

I said I was interested, although I was hoping it would be a little later in the season. I MIGHT be able to do a late April date still though.

Keep me posted and I'll be able to give a more definite answer later.

What's the deal with these, what do I need to get the tune done - I've been planning to buy a Predator, but will Sal be able to write a tune for it there or what? Does he have to use whatever equipment the dyno place has (SCT or Diablo?) or does he bring his own (both) with?

Should I have him write a base tune for me beforehand, or can he start a new tune on the day?

FC CUSTOMS is a DIABLO DEALER and also has a fairly new DYNO JET DYNO ,(what SAL uses), he will be doing the tuning after programing your PREDITOR. You can purchase it there or elsewhere. Sal would need a list of every mod you have on your vehicle, the best TUNES are done on the DYNO ,(not thru the mail), every engine is a little different, therefore the best tune for your engine is done on the dyno while measuring the A/F RATIO, which can not be done thru the mail. While DYNOING SAL will make adjustments to give you optimin and safe HORSEPOWER to your ENGINE. He can write or change the tune on the PREMISE, they have all the equipment. You could contact FC CUSTOMS and buy one or have one waiting for SAL, they are competitive and will give you a good price.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I was going to pick up a used one, they're running about $200-250, as long as it won't be a problem for Sal to write a new tune on the spot for the pulley I'll toss on there.

Do you know if FC customs plugs their wideband into the bung or just uses a tailpipe sniffer?

Still waiting on interest (need around 15), by the end of March.
Will post interested parties in the next few days, have to go to work now. FC CUSTOMS wants to do this in APRIL (last weekend is out now already booked).
I'm going to shut down this GROUP BUY on MONDAY April 4, 2005 if we can't get around 15 to participate. I was just trying to help LIGHTNING, HARLEY DAVIDSON, and MUSTANG MEMBERS who needed a PROFESSIONAL TUNE by who,( I think is the very best), SAL MENNELLA of POWER SURGE PERFORMANCE!:cr: :cr:

Last edited:
Lets not give up on this...We need to let people on the WIS-SVTOA boards and Chicago SVT boards. We have a chance to get tuned by one of the best Lightning Tuners, LOCALLY- this doesnt happen every day.

Back