Got the QA1's on

Don's Bolt

Stan I wanted to give you a big thumbs up on the new shocks. They work awesome, the truck turns as well as it goes fast now.

I have one question , I have Hotchkiss front springs and Belltech rear shackles. I turned the front 8 clicks, and the rear 7 clicks, does that sound about right or should both front and rear be the same ??

:tu: :w :p :)

The setting become more of what you like as for as handling.When you are at an open track event the setting can vary greatly depending on the track.
But as far a street the majority run on the 5-7 ft and 4-6 rear.Stan

Question on Adjustment?

Can you adjust these without taking the shock loose/off?

How exactly do you go about it?

For those wondering how they work on the drag strip

How does a 1.77 60' time on stock F1's sound.
Well thats what I did this weekend with the QA1's.

;k :tug:

Don's Bolt said:
For those wondering how they work on the drag strip

How does a 1.77 60' time on stock F1's sound.
Well thats what I did this weekend with the QA1's.

;k :tug:
Good to hear!

Did you have the fronts turned up to 12 (or a high setting) and a low setting in the rear? I'm wondering because QA1 told me this a long time ago, but only track data would confirm it (See this old post).

Spike

Spike
I just lowered the rears two clicks and mashed the throttle, lol

I may try turning the fronts up some other time, but I was to lazy to mess with the fronts that day.

How do you adjust the front shocks? Can you unbolt the lower shock mount and pull the shock down to get at the adjustment knob?

You mount the fronts with the knobs in, there is plenty of room to adjust them by just reaching in behind your wheel and turning the knob. Now if you mount them with the knobs facing out than that would be another story. I hope this helps.
Bill

Back