Good local engine builder

Who would you guys recommend for building a 5.4 modular shortblock in the bay area? I'd rather use a local builder instead of ordering a shortblock from the east coast. I've heard good things abour Dante in SoCal, and I've contemplated using him, but there has got to be someone good up here.

-Nate

Nate there is someone really good in Turlock. The company is MSX Modular SpeedWorx. The owner is Billy he just finished my engine build and before mine he did Lightning Larry's motor. He does great work and will save you a ton of cash. If you would like his # so you can call him I will give it to you.

+1 on Billy at Modular Speedworx. He'll build you and engine that will handle 900hp with a lifetime guarrantee.

He's building one for a Lightning customer in Sweden even.

http://modularspeedworx.com/

When I get the cash, I'll be going to Billy to have him build my engine.

Stewart

Last edited:
I've heard of Modular Speedworx and looked at their site before. I never knew exactly where they were located though.

I'll definitely give them a call and check them out. when I'm ready. I stil need to save up some $$$.

-Nate

If I did another engine I'd do it with Dante. The guys I know who have them seem very satisfied, and his engines are producing power.

Calightnin said:
If I did another engine I'd do it with Dante. The guys I know who have them seem very satisfied, and his engines are producing power.

Who did yours? Gary is still running the DMP block right? Who is building his new one? TIA, Stan

Stewart said:
+1 on Billy at Modular Speedworx. He'll build you and engine that will handle 900hp with a lifetime guarrantee.

He's building one for a Lightning customer in Sweden even.

http://modularspeedworx.com/

When I get the cash, I'll be going to Billy to have him build my engine.

Stewart

how much would it cost to ship to Sweden?

FordFanStan said:
Who did yours? Gary is still running the DMP block right? Who is building his new one? TIA, Stan

Gary is running a Dante motor. Mine was built by Bob Johnson/Dave Riolo in Sacramento.

02true blue L said:
how much would it cost to ship to Sweden?

You got me.

Steve, I agree, Dante is a very good builder. He has many proven winners out there. For me though, I prefer Billy. One, because he's much closer to me than Dante, and also because he's just a little bit cheaper. But just because Billy is a bit less expensive doesn't mean his builds are inferior.

Stewart

Back