Gen 3 L

Gitchi Manitou

Injun along at 140
Well, here's a look at the L3 concept. 500/500 DOHC 5.4 as most of us expected, but with a new chiller technology that replaces your intercooler charge at WOT with a 30 degree charge cooled by your AC, giving you that extra jolt to embarrass those pesky SRT-10s.:D Tremec T-56 6 speed also. Can't wait to see it at NAIAS.

I will take the engine and put it in my 01 :)

Front end is ok, but I am a fan of the flareside and that looks like it has no curves.

It's just a concept guys. I'm sure it will look a lot different. I mean, there's not even any door handles on it. And is that supposed to be the exhaust tips in front of the rear tire? Concept pics are not a good measure of actual production.

I beleive the prototype srt dodge only ran 12.90's with a pro driver and a 6 speed with 500hp....so i want mine with a performance auto.

I was told 10 months ago that the nex't gen L would have a 4 valve motor from a reliable source and Eaton has the exclusive rights to any oem [Lysholm] twin screw applications.

They can keep the independent rear as i saw two 03 cobras out of three break theres launching in october at the strip.

I was at the press release of it and I like it a lot. But I agree on not liking the IRS and I told everyone there that:tu: - Brian

ib fast said:
They can keep the independent rear as i saw two 03 cobras out of three break theres launching in october at the strip.

I agree with you Greg. Those Mustang boys weren't happy. I think it should be an option. Standard live axle with an IRS option for the road racers.

Nope not yet. With all the talk of the next one going on, it was brought up that maybe we need to make a new Forum just for it.

:db:

I'm beginning to like the new look...especially that engine! I expect I'll be buying a 2005. Keep the automatic tranny, though and make the 60/40 front seat an option. I know some guys like the two bucket seats and others like being able to seat three.

Some of us Gen 1 guys have two buckets and can still seat three with the factory jumpseat. That's the way it needs to be.

I actually like the look of this truck! And that is saying a lot, being a Chevy lover :). The main reason I have not switched over and got a Lightning, is that I can't stand the styling (the rounded blob look is out now). Maybe it is a genetic thing, but being raised on Chevys, Fords just never looked right to me (with a few exceptions).

The only thing I don't like about this concept, is the cab looks a bit small in proportion to the rest of the truck. Maybe because of the high bed sides?

All this talk of "high bedsides" is misleading, the bed is no higher than the hood. The fact that the roof is chopped is why it looks out of proportion compared to what we're used to seeing in a pickup.

Back