Gen 1 Transmission

I need some help my Lightning shift's @5.5 if i am getting on it can i ajust this out with the MLPS :help: :help: :wallbash:

The eec controls your shifts. You have to use a Tweecer or some other means to adjust it. Are you sure it is hitting 5500rpm? The stock tach is usually off by a few hundred rpm. Are you hitting the rev limiter? The only way I can think of that you would be hitting the liniter without shifting manually, is if your trans is slipping.

Tigerdingo

I bought the truck On 9/22/06 from a friend of mine in Indiana that owens a Ford dealership he got it from the guy that bought it new and ask me if I wanted it.The guy might have put a shift kit in it I do not know.:confused:

Your shift points are still programmed in the eec. It will still start the shift at the same rpm's.

1-2 4600rpm
2-3 4700rpm
3-4 4650rpm

A shift kit will not change when the shift starts. It should make the shift quicker as far as how long it takes to complete the shift, but it will not change when the shift starts. The only way these points are changed is by chip or plug in tuner.

I asked before, how do you know it is not shifting until 5500rpm? Are you going by the inaccurate factory tach, or are you actually hitting the rev limiter?

Thanks it is not sliping and I am going by the Fac. tach so I guess i just need to get use to it I have a friend that used to Drag race and he is going to check it out.When it changes gears you know it .It will lay you back in the seat.

:confused: :confused: I need help again could someone tell me the Rear Diff. Oil to put in my 1994 Lightning when I had the shock put on yesterday the guy sAID IT WAS 5W/140 Syn. I think it is 75w/140 and wich brand would you use?

I would just use Motorcraft 75W140 its synthetic, and if yours is L/S use two small bottles of Motorcraft XL-3 friction modifier.

Thanks

All right thanks guy's 4 all your help:clinkmugs , my trans is fine no slip it's good to go.:bigtu: :drugs: :wave:

Back