Gen 1 springs

tooslow

Guys,
I am having some custom springs made for the front that will lower 1.5" and increase the spring rate. I have talk with the manufacture and he thinks that 20% stiffer will work. What are your thoughts.
I drive the truck on nice days and autocross as much as I can fit into my schedule.
Mark

who is the manufacturer??? i need some springs myself... are you keeping the stock size tires? and will they fit at 1.5 inch lower???i don't know what the spring rate is from the factory but people i have talked to are talking 700-800 lbs. springs in cars that are street driven and 1000-1300 lbs. for just auto crossing... these cars have to weigh alot less than these trucks....
check www.ckrscca.org i have the '94 black L.... i got the tires at the beginning of the year... took awhile to get the feel... but i did:)
i do know that the springs will help... also tires.... race rubber does wonders....262-740-0180 this guy has used race tires for very little money... 1/2 to full tread....i got a set last year and started doing much better.. after figuring out that they aren't "majic" but there is a difference..;-)
let me know who is the spring manufacturer....i mounted them on cheap steel wheels... oh yeah, people think it's pretty funny when you show up early and put race tires on a "truck"... harbor freight has an aluminum jack for about $170 +- something...

Last edited:
I had the springs made by coilsprings.com. I went with the 20% stiffer and really like them. They are stiff enough to help on the track but not too tight to drive on the street. I am running 285/60-17's all the way around and get a little rubbing in the front if I hit a good sized dip in the road.
I haven't been able to run much after putting the springs on last year because of traveling for my job but I would like to get some race rubber eventually.

Back