gen 1 paint codes

Are you going to paint the truck back with single stage? Im just curious, I was planning to go with the 95's base/clear when I redo mine.

Bumperquip,
Yea I knew they were diffrent. If I dont stay after mine with TR3 and a good coat of wax then it start showing oxidation after about 2-3 months. I keep it in the garage so that helps. But I want a base coat/clear coat paint job from the 95's when I get it done. I think it would keep the elbow grease down and look more better! I was contemplating building a temp paint booth in my garage and trying this myself. I have no paint experiance with a gun nor body work experiance. I only have a few very minor dings, so I think I could handle it myself. I know it would be a lot of work, but I would like to say that I did ALL the work to this sucker myself. Plus, I would do some ferocious research beforehand so I wouldnt mess up my truck. Is this a task that one with no experiance should try? I suppose if it looked like crap I could always pay for it to be done professionaly. But, you wont get experiance if you never attempt it. I think prep is the key to a good paint job.

But I want a base coat/clear coat paint job from the 95's when I get it done.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that perhaps you should just consider getting it sprayed with the correct '93 color (EP) and having that cleared. Thereby keeping all of your crannies and jambs matching perfectly.

There certainly is no reason why the '93's single stage color can't become a two stage.

You know that is a great idea. I was wondering how the red (hard color to match) was going to match up in the crevices of the truck. Thanks for the suggestion Bumperquip. I have a new plan.

Back