Gen 1 or Gen 2?

J

John893

Hello,

I was thinking about selling my White 95 Lightning for a 2K Sliver lightning. I am not sure what I want to do. My 95 only has about 30K on it and is in really nice shape. I have never owned a brand new car before and the only new car I would want would be a 2K Lightning. I know it is allot of money but a new Lightning will only make my payment go up about $200 a month. I don't know if it is worth the extra money? Should I just stick with the 95? I have only had it for 3 months but every time I see a Gen 2 Lightning I start playing with the numbers and think about getting one. Not sure what to do!!!! Anyone have any comments? Anyone out there have both a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 Lighting? If so what one do you like better?

Thanks for reading

John

------------------
93 Teal Cobra #4656
95 White Lightning #153

John, are you a club member? If so, then the Summer newsletter may prove to be very informative because we devote a decent amount of space to that very question...

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

I think it comes down to how much you want to spend.I love the first generation myself but I like the 2nd also.Mine is paid for now hehe.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
TeamPowerdyne

My personal feeling on this topic is go get yourself a blower for your Gen 1 and wait til you've gotten some use out of it. I mean, it only has 30k on it and you've only had it three months. You gotta think how much your insurance will go up too. If I had the money I would go buy a new "L" or an F-150 SuperCrew but that truck would be my daily driver and the '95 would be trailered behind to the track...hehe. Just my personal opinion!
Jason N.
95 Red #225

I can't keep both. I am still paying for my 93 cobra. I don't want 3 car payments. At some point I have to buy a house. Plus my parents won't like me having 3 cars in the drive way. :)
Thanks for all the replies.

John

------------------
93 Teal Cobra #4656
95 White Lightning #153

ITS IS A VERY HARD DECISION BUT I MGHT GO FOR THE GEN-2

Jason, Good point on the insurance issue. My 94 is insured cheap. When I purchased it, I called the insurance company and told them I just bought a 94 F150 2 wheel drive. The asked me what size engine and that was it. No exorbitant premium.

------------------
94 Crimson.
NLOC member #343
Team Powerdyne, 8psi,bypass
Still waiting for dyno run and 1340

Back