Gauge cluster

Today I put a lightning gauge cluster in my f150. I believe it may be a 93 cluster and my truck is a 94. The airbag light isn't getting power and my buzzer is making a noise now. The oil goes straight to H and my voltage reads about a third. Everything was fine before other than my factory cluster shorting the dash lights. I put this one in and a new fuse, so far no problems. If I put my gauges that work could I swap the needles so they all match? Is there a way to fix this? I know the gauges are dummies but something doesn't seem right and I'm certain the buzzer an indication.

If the cluster is a '93 then there would be no provisions for an airbag light as the '93s didn't have an airbag. Past that can't help ya with the gauge inaccuracies.

Scott

Awesome! Is there any way to make this work? Did I waste my $? Could I take the needles off and swap just the tack and Speedo on my original cluster?

Well I took the Speedo and swapped it with my factory one. It works but I swapped the needle with my white one and now my reading is a little off. I pushed it up against the stopper so it would be in the same spot but I guess it moved a hair. I'd like to get a 94 or 95 that works properly to begin with. I prefer the white needles to the Orange but I don't want them to read incorrectly. I haven't gotten someone to ride next to me to know how far off it is but you can tell it's about 4 or 5 mph higher than what it's reading.

I believe the years that work are 92-93, 94-95, 96 and the 97-98 super dutys. I had the same issue awhile back. And I have a 96 so looks like I can't run a lightning cluster at all

All I did was swap the speedometer. Really it's the only part of the cluster I wanted. The speedometer has its own plug and didn't appear to have anything to do with the rest of the cluster. I'd try it out if you had the opportunity to get a cluster to pull it from.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415661151282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415661151282.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 28
Well I took the Speedo and swapped it with my factory one. It works but I swapped the needle with my white one and now my reading is a little off. I pushed it up against the stopper so it would be in the same spot but I guess it moved a hair. I'd like to get a 94 or 95 that works properly to begin with. I prefer the white needles to the Orange but I don't want them to read incorrectly. I haven't gotten someone to ride next to me to know how far off it is but you can tell it's about 4 or 5 mph higher than what it's reading.

If the orange needle, original to the speedo you swapped over, works correctly vs the white needle, couldnt you spray paint the orange needle, white?

Yea you can spray whatever color you want.... After you take it off and get the old paint off. The color of the needle is the only thing that's different.

I'm doing this same swap on my truck. Is there any way to switch the odometers so I can have the correct mileage on the lightning cluster?

I swapped a 95 lightning cluster into my 92' works perfect.

You just have to change a couple wires around for it to work right. Just cut and splice. You need a wiring diagram. 92-93 years are the same wiring.....94-95 are same wiring... and then 96 all by it self.

No your mileage odometer PSOM has to be from the donor lightning do to the 120mph calibrations. Every thing else can be swapped in and out from your factory cluster. But I could be wrong I'm no expert. Although you can swap the LCD screen in and out if it ever goes bad.

If you have different rear end gears other then 4.10's your speedometer may be off a couple mph...Not much difference

The reason your oil pressure gauge is like that is because it has been grounded out some were. You have it hooked up wrong in my opinion.

Here is the swap I did:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1300034-swap-92-f150-to-95-lighting-speedometer.html

Last edited:
Back