Gauge cluster cleaning

How would I clean the clear plastic over the gauge cluster? My old one got scratched up from wiping a cloth on it and I had a new one on there for a while. The first time I cleaned the new one was when I had the cluster out and washed it in the sink. I don't feel like taking everything apart if there is an easier way to clean it without scratching it.

To clean it use a mild glass cleaner or a little vinegar and water mix 50/50. Use a microfiber cloth also. Paper towels will scratch plastic. If it does get some scratches, Meguiar's Plastic-x works great on clear plastic.

If you want to get crazy with it, When i cleaned mine i took some bright orange nail polish and repainted my faded gauge needles. You have to sand off the old stuff but if you take your time it turns out pretty good.

I have a regular f150 cluster so I got the white needles. I think they look better. Honestly I can't remember what they look like with the lights on because the fuse keeps popping. I haven't figured it out yet. Id like to get a set of lightning gauges but the ones people keep putting up here have higher miles than my truck

Back