gas tank removal

i have the support straps and the fill tubes diconnected but how do i undo the electrical wires and the other fuel lines and what should i use to plug them?:tu: :nb:

Hello,
I had to cut the four wires one at a time. At first I though I could not get to the electrical connector "just right". But after I got the tank down I still could not get it unplugged. I am sure I was just not doing it right. As far as the lines go here is what I did. I used a small pipe cutter and cut the lines where the mid-ship tank "tees" into the main line. Then I went and got some EFI hose and inserted it where I made the two cuts. Then I double clamped it on both sides. The emmissions tubes I just tie-wrapped up there.
So thats how I did it.
Good luck,Edward Huerta/Struckby

if i cut those four wires going into the tank wont that mess any thing up, and once thier cut what should i do with them? then on top of the tank there are two braided fuel lines that connect with the main line before the fuel filter and then there are two more that come off a t-shaped connecter do i just pull those off and clmp them shut?

thanks for the info,
ryan :tu:

if i'm understanding you right you just made a loop on the fuel lines that connect to the other line before the filter, like a bypass kind of deal.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan,

Its been so long ago I can't remember exactly what I did when I dropped the front tank and used "stock lines"... Cutting the wires won't effect anything because your not going to need them anymore... Tape them up and wire tie them out of the way... as for capping the lines, you might try a long type rubber vacumm cap the correct size and a fuel injection hose clamp... I still have my stock lines in the attic of the shop, I can look for you tomorrow and see what I did... I will get back with you...

Good luck!

Back