Gas Mileage?!?

D

DavidS

What kind of gas mileage do most of you guys see? Mine is pretty bad, like 10 or less, and I've been driving really easy. Any ideas on how to improve it?

My L does pretty well. 14 mpg doing 85 on the highway. Closer to 12mpg in standard city driving. About 9mpg if I'm in a bad mood
smile.gif
My mods are K&N, shift kit, offroad pipe to single flowmaster no cats.

The mileage improvements I hear tossed around most are K&N filter, underdrive pulleys, free flowing exhaust. Of course some people tend to become leadfoots once they do these mods and make their milage worse. I think the pulleys are supposedly the best bang for the buck. I dunno if i want to get them or not because I am planning on putting a nice stereo in the truck & don't want that to be underpowered.

BLoG, my last L had a K&N, Motorsport pulleys, Accel 300+ wires, NGK v-grooves, a Crane PS-91 coil, full Bassani exhaust with coated headers and off-road, and I do agree with the increase in foot pressure thing. I also had a nice stereo with subs and amps and all, and I never had a problem with the charging system with the pulleys on. But if anyone has any ideas like fuel pressure, of anything, I like to hear.:)

Blog, dont forget that if you need extra charging power (even with pullies) you can always upgrade to the 140A alternator. It only like $160 and it works great for me

So pullies are a nice upgrade? I was thinkin of getting a set of the March 1015's from Summit today. Any comments on those? What else will i need to install em?

I INSTALLED THE MARCH 1015 KIT ON MY 94 L AND SAW NO MAJOR CHARGING PROBLEMS. THE TRUCK IS PRETTY MUCH STOCK EXCEPT FOR A COMPLETE BASSANI EXHAUST AND A K&N OFFROAD KIT. i GENERALLY GET 17-18 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY.

I have read some things on improving mileage I noticed a thing called tornado air it is at www.TornadoAir.com It is about $70 and is suppose to improve mileage up to 24% I havent tried it yet but that is something to think about if anyone has tried it please tell the results.

Back