Fun Ford Weekend 3/29/14, sho kills them all!

black99light

I am Legend
Went to FFW Houston this weekend. Ran the Taurus in true street. Runner up'd in 13.0 bracket. Definitely not my fastest outing but the headwind was ridiculous. Never fully went away, but by the time the day heated up it had subsided somewhat. Saw Bird. His truck is fast.

IMG_4239.jpg

one of these things is not like the others.
IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

the plaque, held by the crew cheif
IMG_62271.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

2011 sho vs S197 fun ford weekend houston - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd5yT42ZMtA&feature=youtu.be

2011 taurus sho vs 5.0 mustang - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqMDSujrpk&feature=youtu.be

2011 taurus sho vs highly modded fox notch - YouTube

IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_8986.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_20032.jpg

IMG_19961.jpg

IMG_19492.jpg

IMG_08892.jpg

Congrats!!!! wish I had know you were going. Hows Bird doing ?

I'm doing pretty good over here in Tx. Still got the red 01, but it's now just our 'cruiser' for shows, etc. The race truck is now an 02 True Blue, fully built and still on it's 'soft' tune for the new engine that I put in last year - starting to turn up the wick on it a little bit at a time and hope to have it down in the upper 9's before too much longer, but 10.0's is my goal for index racing that they do around here.

We had originally moved to San Antonio from Kenner and stayed there 5 years until Suz's company asked her to come to the Houston area and take over as the controller for the whole South Texas region, so here we are living in Spring, Tx just north of the big H-town. Got a 4 1/2 car attached garage out of the deal, so I'm good with it but need to A/C it for the summer months.

Currently working as a data system analyst for AT&T - great job and great people to work for - had no problems transferring from San Antonio to Houston with them.

Good racing around here - 3 tracks in the immediate area and a couple more within a reasonable driving distance and plenty of fishing opportunities here. Still miss San Antonio though - much more relaxed and we also purchased a lake house up north of there on Canyon Lake where we spent most all of our weekends - going to retire up there someday.........

Still remember all the great car events around there though - nothing like that over here except C&C once a month. We get over there very occasionally to visit our daughter who is now a nurse practitioner over at a clinic in Metarie - maybe we'll run the 01 over there some weekend and get together.......

Bird

Back