Full slicks allowed Friday nights at NED

Tallimeca

NED will now be allowing the use of slicks on Friday Nights now. This is what I was told at the track tonight.

Anyone who goes to New England Dragway, as of this week, they are permitting full slicks to be used on Friday nights. Still have to have muffler though. From what I understand, they will be prepping the right hand land and staging cars with slicks and dot slicks only for that lane. No street tires.

This is cool for me because I usually work weekends and bought full slicks and can't race on weeknights, plus on street night, they don't prep the track. Apparently the finally listened to the complaints.

OK... who is gonna let me borrow their truck! Ill wash it, clean the inside, and change your oil :tu:

Do you mean there actually going to prep the track, instead of the friday night skates they normally run, it's about dam time.

Todd

Ever since we built the mustang, my old man get's to run in the "big boy lane" ....that's the lane all the real fast cars line up in, so he's in with all the track staff now.

What we were told is they are going to run one side of the track that they rent as slicks only, and actually prep it and maintain it through out the nite. The other side, they are going to do nothing with.

Weather permitting, i may go up friday night.

Back