Front License Plate question

O

OneRedTXBolt

Guys,

My dealer didn't pre-install the front bracket. Anyone know how much the fine for no front plate is? I'm thinking about not installing it until I ~have~ to.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Doug, I'm gonna try to hook up with you today...

Thanks,
James

------------------
Born 1/10/01
Picked up 2/14/01

James

I didnt have a choice but - If mine was left off I would have shoved it under front seat and hoped for a sensible cop.

Search on F150 online there was a long thread on the subject with responses from Cops

Doug

I don't run a front plate and I've never been stopped by a local. I have been pulled over twice by state troopers, but only received warnings (not written warning tickets). They informed me that it was against the law, but I think it was just an excuse to check license, registration, etc... Now you seem like a pretty nice fellow so unless you're an escaped convict or wanted for outstanding tickets or something, I wouldn't mess up the front bumper. Unfortunately, my dealer drilled mine so I had to find a couple of black rubber plugs for the bumper. I have the extra plate stored under the front passenger mat in case someone wants to see it.

[This message has been edited by Sixpipes (edited 02-19-2001).]

I have never had a cop even mention it to me ...i got lucky to mine was untouched so it looks nice and smooth but, it does have to small marks hardly visable unless you get right up there marking where it would be put ...I keep the plate under the matt in my truck ...I wouldn't worry to much about it I think it's worth the attention to detail and how much better your truck will feel don't make your truck hate you ...later
red99

I am not running a front plate on my '97 Camaro --- don't want to cover the bowtie --- my wife has been stopped in it twice --- both times speeding --- no mention of the front plate being missing!!

I do have the tag in the trunk just in case a policeman wants to see it

[This message has been edited by Ivanhoe_Farms (edited 02-25-2001).]

Originally posted by OneRedTXBolt:
Guys,

I don't run a front plate on my 95 F-150. It so happens that about two weeks ago I was pulled over in the town if Allen and the officer ask me if I knew why he pulled me over? "no idea". "No front plate" I almost fell out of my truck in disbelief. He informed me it is required in Texas. However, he only gave me a warning. I think his real motive was to see if I had been drinking, no insurance expired reg.or something like that

Be safe

Gerard

------------------

Back