Fresh track kill

Dr. Matt

Went to the track this weekend and made about 20 passes. very first run was against this truck which says "Blown 350" on his cowl induction hood.

07-09-09_1303.jpg

Now it's a good looking and very healthy sounding truck that I've seen at the track a lot but never been able to see it run so I'm thinking I may go down on my first pass for the weekend.

Nope:nono:
Me 11.51
Him 11.8x (Who cares)

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb145/ILLWIN/Lighning%20vids/?action=view&current=115111424vs572Cuinchevyran118311330.flv

So later I go check out his truck in the pits and see no blown 350 but rather an aluminum head 572. (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

07-09-09_1302.jpg

So I make the comment that it doesn't look like a blown 350 and they guy says he upgraded this summer. He even offered to sell me his complete blown small block for $10,000. I told him it probly wouldn't fit in place of the 330 cubic inch motor in my F150. He then told me I should buy it anyway because the only way to make a Ford fast was to put in a Chevy motor. That's when I mentioned to him my 330 already beat his 572.:nana::lotg::B2:

Yeah it's stock, kind of. Well not totally, just a few bolt-ons, a few drivetrain mods, and a few gauges, a little better exhust, Magnum Powers, lowered a little, and a uh...cough cough..buit motor cough cough and.... well just look here

Last edited:
Ha. I seen that knuckle head at the car show, I had my Ford Motorsport t-shirt on, he said to me, w/o ever have met me nice car rag your wearing. I said beats anything you've got. He laughed as he stood proudly next to his red chevy, I said back as I glanced at it, typical chevy, big deal, he didn't like my comment, but I don't care, what an ***.
Next time I see him, I'll remind him what Ford stands for.
First On Race Day. :D

Mark

Yeah, if he says anything just let him know you saw the video of him from Labor day weekend getting waxed by a year round DD Ford truck and it's posted on the internet. That ought to shut down the derogatory Ford comments.:gl:

I'll for sure let him know about the drag race and video/internet.
I believe he should have read your lic. plate before racing you. *ILLWIN*. hahahaha...

BTW, nice spanken on a GM. :eek:ldtu:

Mark

Back