Foxbody tensioner... works good!

I too have bent many factory tensioners. I may go this route too. How was the heater hose routing? Was it the same or different?

On the turnbuckle setup I have on my red truck, I had to route the supply hose (the one with the metal tubing section) under the alternator, which required adding about 6 inches of hose.

Last edited:
The 87-91 f150 used the same style bracket and tensioner. Look up the engine bay pics and heater hose for it. Should work out. Or a mustang hose?

Attachments

• IMG_2632.png
    IMG_2632.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 12
Well I actually bought a new wp and pulled the one nipple out and tapped the hole and put a 45° fitting on it to go under the alternator. Think that will work with th3 fox body bracket? Or will I need to change it back to factory style?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Well I actually bought a new wp and pulled the one nipple out and tapped the hole and put a 45° fitting on it to go under the alternator. Think that will work with th3 fox body bracket? Or will I need to change it back to factory style?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
It should work. I already had the lines going under alternator before switching to the foxbody style. You will see that the locations of the two alternators doesn't change much at all.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back