Ford Weekend at KCIR Summary

V

Vern

Since I stayed the longest due to being in the finals, I'll chime in first. Anybody please correct me if I screw up. And I'll leave it to everybody else to tell how they did and what they thought of the deal. How'd I do? I lost to Shane Landers in the finals. He and his dad got byes during the elims and I had to race every round, so I don't feel to bad. Actually in the first round, I ran a 14.11 on a 14.10 dial!
biggrin.gif

For those who don't yet know, we had one hell of a turnout, especially for this being a local event and no class for us to race in. But, we were able to sufficiently impress the owner and organizers that they made a Lightning class for us to race in on Sunday.

I believe we had 8 Lightnings for T&T on Friday night, about 12 or so on Saturday and at the cruise on Sat night. It was hard to get a count, since some were there on Sat or Sun only, or just showed at the cruise. We ran either Time Only or in the Gamblers race on Sat. They really didn't know what to do with all these Lightnings.
wink.gif

So came Sunday we ran in our own Lightning class with trophy class bracket rules (dial-your-own, .500 tree). It was HOT HOT and HUMID HUMID. And so was the racing, and interest in the trucks and in the club. Jeff, you'll probably get some new members from this. I think a good time was had by all, the company and the racing was great. And even in the heat and humidity, I improved my time just a tad.

Lastly, I want to thank everybody for coming and supporting our efforts.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.88@96.9

Vern: Ditto on the good time. I didn't run my all-time best times, but I'll take my 13.64 on Saturday considering the heat.

Hey, Shane was tough. He got me in the second round. He ran a 15.34 on a 15.30 dial in which got my 13.98 on a 13.90 dial. Not to mention he got me off the tree .522 to my .601. I ended up losing by .125.

Still was fun tho.

Met a lot of great people for the 1st time, and I hope to see some of them show up here as well.

Vern, I gotta say I think 95% of the Lightning turnout was your doing. I know I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't have been for you posting all the info here -- THANKS!

[This message has been edited by roger (edited 07-18-2000).]

i am with you rodger the whole crew shane and his dad were tuff. his dad put me out first round right at the clock. 14:00 dial
14:40 527 light to my 15:00 dial 15:20 612 light. but all was good. have to work on that light the heat really had a effect on my truck about 5 . and 3 mph. it will be cool oct // sept. maybe i can get one on him we are trying to get some of the l guys to get togather for a topeka run. more new on that later...

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

I really had a good time meeting and talking with all of you. The time out at KCIR only made me want to get an L even more, but it will have to wait until my Lariat is paid for. I look forward to seeing you guys again in the future.

Ron

------------------
1999 F150 4X4 SuperCab Lariat Flareside 5.4; Auto, Offroad Pack, 3.73LS, Factory Step Bars,
17" Chrome Wheels, White/Silver, Graphite Leather, SuperChip, ARE Bed Cover,
Alpine CDA-D855/JBL AMP, Polk dX7's, K&N Filter, Custom cat-back exhaust.

Back