Ford Falcon Pickup

The Aussies have had a great choice of vehicles for the past 8-10 years. Ford needs to wake up and import them to North America if they won't make a decent truck here.:headscratch::sigh:

I agree 100000000 %. I bet they are scared since GMs attempt hasnt done a whole lot. But I know I would be first in line for 5.4 DOHC Falcon. I'd go put a deposit on one yesterday if they said they would import it in the fall. Actually I dont know if I'd buy a v8 or turbo 6!

Last edited:
Holy crap! That is KILLER! With the 5.4, 6-spd you are talkin fun,fun,fun!

Ford doesn't need to try an develop another Lightning, they just need to look across the water and bring it home! I'd get one today!

Did I mention that I like it? A lot?

just remember guys its not a truck its a [ute],hasn,t got a true chassis like an f150,an arguement my son and i often has,he always has the last word tho,he,s got an easy 350 hp at the back wheels in his xr8 ute,so racing him is out,my poor old girl just sees his tail dissapear.Have heard a rumour ford oz are viewing the idea in responce to holdens move.Dont think ford are doing you guys wrong either us ford fans look over to you and drool over ya mustangs and the new trucks loaded down with all the optional goodies.

I saw the Pontiac at the NYC Car show. It looked OK.
They said it will be introduced in Fall of 09.

Looks good to me, I'll take 1 in black with the Boss 5.4L with a 6 speed auto. And of course I need the bonnett cover option.

Last edited:
Greetings from Oz

Greetings from an previous Lightning owner from Atlanta now living in Oz. Forget about the Ford Ute for a moment. You need to look at FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) which is the Aussie parallel to SVT.

FPV have two different engines: an NA 5.4l V8 (link: Super Pursuit) and turbo charged 4.0l inline 6 (link: F6 Ute). The latter engine is currently considered faster than the GM sourced Corvette engine that Holden is using in their HSV brand, that is until FPV one day mounts a blower on the V8 :eek:ldtu:

I still miss my old Lightning though :cr: It's kind of like the body size of the F-150 is just more impressive than the sedan sized Utes in Oz?

Back