Ford Adrenalin

run351

Looking for low 13's NA
Well I was browsing upcoming vehicles and I came accross this article, you can tell it was an Adrenalin but looked alittle different. I looked and it was from OCT 2007.

Seems Ford will produce a stocker version of the Adrenalin with a couple body cues from the awesome prototype.

Early look: Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin

Well see.
run351

What's the point of releasing it if they are not going to put the S/C 4.6. That was the whole point of the name " ADRENALIN ". Other than that it is a regular sport trac and they wont sell what they expect.

Brad

I'm kinda pissed that it has no blower. At least I'll get the body kit, put it on an explorer, drop an 03 cobra motor into that, and scare some SRT8s.

Well I looked at it carefully.
It would probably have a V8 (4.6L) and have "limited" option for interior.

For me to be interest, they would have to offer a 6 speed AWD and keep the body somewhat lower than their current 4x4, all while maintaining a 6000lb tow capacity..

As far as the looks, they would have to lose those tie downs on the bed. and losing the "Sport truck" logo off their new grill was a good idea.

As for performance, I think ford is looking to maintain drivability and function while keeping the cost down.

for power, they would have to offer a "performance package"
"tubular headers, better breathing intake" and wouldnt we all love to see a four valve motor.

blower could be a option.

well its just a though.

Remember: in the past, the Lightnings were mid year entries.
lets hope the same is planned for a mid year performance Adrenalin.

Last edited:
Yet another way Ford is letting down it's performance enthusiasts. They hype stuff up left and right but never deliver.

It Was At SEMA. The Truck, As offered, Will Either Be A 4.0 Or A 4.6. the 6 Speed Was The Option For The 4.6. You Could Get Either 4x2 Or AWD.

Wanna Bet There Will be A Ship Thru Option ALA the 150 harley That Gets it A blower ??

You Got It

What's the point of releasing it if they are not going to put the S/C 4.6. That was the whole point of the name " ADRENALIN ". Other than that it is a regular sport trac and they wont sell what they expect.

Brad

I concur entirely

I Reiterate, It Will Most Likely Be Just Like The New 150 Harley. Prolly Cost 5 Grand Extra for The Ship Through And Will have The S/C And A Factory Warranty!

What's it gonna weigh???

Last I checked the 'Gen 3' style trucks were 500lbs heavier than the 'Gen 2's' too.

I thought they were already selling these. My neighbor has one in his garage. I'll have to ask him whats up.

dealers have been selling there own version of the adrenaline for a little while now. his is prob nothing more than some stickers. this one coming up will be the "official" ford adrenaline.

what a joke. To bad ford dropped the ball on this one cause that truck with the cobra motor would have been a hit. They would have sold a ton. Was really hoping for one to get the soon to be wife. Looks like she will end up wiht a trailblazer SS like she wanted after all

Joe

what a joke. To bad ford dropped the ball on this one cause that truck with the cobra motor would have been a hit. They would have sold a ton. Was really hoping for one to get the soon to be wife. Looks like she will end up wiht a trailblazer SS like she wanted after all

Joe

Even if Ford were to produce the vehicle like you want, I think you might be happier if you got soon to be wife the Trailblazer SS, if you know what I mean.

actually she was the one wanting an adrenalin, she was more pissed than i was about it lol. She still wants to go take a look and driveone and see if she likes it.

Joe

I used to own a Sport Trac. Enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun to run around town in. This one is a lot better looking than the older ones. If came with 4.6 s/c awd would prolly buy it.
Oh yeah. Hello every one. New to site.

Back