First ILLNESS Outing Was a Success!

L

Lightning Bob

I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up and contributed to making our first get together a success.
Thanks go out to Baby Jake, BigD, BlackSVTTruck, Catman, DTOPP, FireSVT, LSChicago, Mrelmtow, RobG, ZorPrime, the spouses who came, and a couple of other guys not on the boards, Manny and Ross. It was nice meeting everyone, and a pleasure sharing the day with you.
A special thanks goes out to Ron Leek, the owner of Byron Dragway (he is also a Gen 2 L owner). Ron did everything he could to make sure we had a good time. Beside providing several no charge trophies which are to be engraved with both ILLNESS and the winners names, he had Tech cards ready and labeled at the gate to segregate the Lightnings from the other racers so we all ended up in a special bracket class just for Lightnings. We all got to pit together in a nice area adjacent to the entrance where everyone could and did stare at all the Lightning when they entered the track. We were allowed to make numerous ET passes before we told him we were ready to start our program. I got there about when they opened and ran a total of 10 runs during the course of the day.
With the exception of the hot and huid air, and a bad storm moving in in late afternoon just as we were finishing up, the program couldn't have gone better. Nice Job Ron!
We will be back.
To those that couldn't make the first event, we will plan another soon. Please let other Lightning owners you meet know of this site so that we can make this thing grow.

Congrats to the Catman for beating me out in the finals. Lawson ran a 14.833 with a 14.8 dial in in a completely stock White L against my 13.900 with a 13.85 dial in. He also beat my reaction time by .004 seconds. Why do I always get knocked out of competition by stock white trucks(sound familiar Jeff S?)?
No comments on this from you Christy Ann!

If anyone has any ideas on what to do next, don't be afraid to share them with the rest of us. I plan to check with BlackHawk Farms Raceway to see what is needed to set up an autocross event for our trucks. That should be a new experience for most if not all of us.

If anyone wants to contact me off line, please E-mail me at:
lightning_624of4000@yahoo.com

Bye for now,

Lightning Bob
NLOC #442

We need more Gen 1 trucks!!!Oh well...Wish I could run, but with pops there and a nasty exhaust rattle(every heat shield on the truck!!) I really didn't want to run..I had a great time..And wish I could come to the rest of the meetings, but unfortunantly/fortunantly I leave for Purdue University this Saturday, and the truck goes up on jackstands for a year
frown.gif
.. But I guess it's a great oppurtunity to tinker with it when I'm home...(I think a 392 is in it's future!!)
If there's any Indiana Lightning owners around Lafayette, let me know!!

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232
Purdue here I come!!!

I also had a really great time, and met some awesome L owners. It sure did remind me of WFC 2000.

Thank you to Lightning Bob, Ron, and all the others that pulled this event together! I am eagerly awaiting meeting number two!
smile.gif

Later,
Jake...

------------------
2000 Black Lightning
NLOC #476
PSP full meal deal
Level 10 shift kit
SnugLid
BedRug
Wet Okole seat covers

jacobs@revealed.net

Yup i had a really good time guys and gals.See you all again real soon i hope!

Just tell me when the next one is and I will be there.

Jason
95 Lightning

Back