Finally !!!!!

04black

This past Friday at MRP (Maui Raceway Park) I was finally able to get my first 10 sec time slip and on Saturday I backed it up with another five 10 sec time runs---my best for the weekend was a 10.89 @ 122.97 mph w/ a 1.57 60'.

I entered my truck in MRP's Saturday night 10.90 bracket division and was lucky enough to get to the finals, but lost in the finals. I had a great pit crew (friends) that really helped me get ready for each race---without them I wouldn't have been able to do what I did this weekend.

Overall it's been the best weekend I've had in a very long time---All I can say is "Maui No Ka Oi".

Last edited:
Congratulations Chuck on a great weekend.

It was impressive to watch you get air under the front tire on launch. Hopefully Mike Thompson of islandracer.com got pictures but if not I'm sure I can get a copy of the picture George caught with his camera phone.

I don't think it was entirely luck that got you to the final round as I saw you lined up against Maui's better racers on every round.

Congratulations Chuck on your 10 second timeslip. I'll try and stop by when you are on Maui to run. The past few months I've been off island when the track was open.

Thanks guys!!!

Good to hear from you Steven--stop on by if you get a chance.

Skip--when I lined up against the other cars on the .400 pro tree, I felt like I was at a gunfight w/ a sling shot---all the other cars had electronics (delay boxes, throttle stops, trans brakes) and the only electronics I had was my radio/CD player in addition to my pedals (gas/brake).

In all honesty, it was just a lot of fun to be able to run w/ them, as they are all really good racers w/ fast cars.

See ya next month Skip!!

Well it's about time, Chuck! LOL Congrats on the 10s. I wish I was there to see it or better yet, drive it!:hail:

FebDrags011.jpg

FebDrags012.jpg

RAIDEN said:
Damn, thats some air under the tires!
mrp%2002-07_4556_std.jpg
Thanks guys.

She was launching pretty awesome w/ the new MT slicks---Ernie video taped some of her runs. You could actually fell the truck squat (lean back) then just shoot of the hole--it was a rush. I did make a couple of adjustments to the shocks & tire pressure during the two days that seem to help out.

Pro71bird said:
Congrats........I remember seeing your truck last year in Oahu. Is the track closed???
Thanks for the congrats.

Unfortunately the track closed in April '06--lots of rumors that it might re-open, but they are only rumors--currently there are a lot of homeless racers on Oahu, but that will be thing of the past for some of them in July '07 when the new superferry starts service. It will be able to transport them w/ their cars to Maui in a couple of hours.

Maui's track is only open one weekend (Friday & Sat) per month--we got spoiled here on Oahu w/ our track, as it was opened every weekend.

I'll be back on Maui in a couple of weeks searching for mid-10s on boost only---I got the mph---I just need to better my 60'. We did a couple of things--- :stirpot: hopefully it works out :bout:

Back