FINALLY!!!! The body work is DONE!!!

427Lightning

Formerly F100cleveland
After 7 1/2 months of every single weekend and lots of nights, the 82 is finally basically done. Just need to finish the interior, fix the wiring, and some other minor stuff, but its ready to race and thunder down the road:D My sister snapped these photos tonight and sent them to me. I'll be home from work tomorrow afternoon to do the last few things to it and I'll take a bunch more pics of it for those interested. But, here is the finished product:
new-white-truck.jpg

new-white-truck-2.jpg

Its a VFN 5" cowl race weight hood, Cervini's chin spoiler, Brian (Fast Ford Fiberglass) front fenders, bumper, and cowl. Doors are from a 93 Bronco, and the box is from a 91 F150. The only 82 F100 parts left are the cab shell and frame.

The front suspension is AJE k-member kit

Rear is same as last year with the exception of being lowered 5" and adding Strange coilovers and an "X" brace trac bar.

S&W 10 point chrome moly cage

I'll get pics of everything else tomorrow night.

Not sure I can call it a clone tho cuz its still got the F100 sport mirrors and the window surrounds are still chrome.

But it does have a legit Lightning Grill and headlight surrounds that I got from Bobby. (they were red, so maybe off someones truck from this board)
So, I'm not sure what I should call it???? A mutt???

Dustin,

Truck looks good. Cant wait to see it in Person.

Bobby

If you want I can dig up a pic of the truck the parts came off of :D

new-white-truck.jpg

new-white-truck-2.jpg

Its a VFN 5" cowl race weight hood, Cervini's chin spoiler, Brian (Fast Ford Fiberglass) front fenders, bumper, and cowl. Doors are from a 93 Bronco, and the box is from a 91 F150. The only 82 F100 parts left are the cab shell and frame.

I'll get pics of everything else tomorrow night.

Not sure I can call it a clone tho cuz its still got the F100 sport mirrors and the window surrounds are still chrome.

So, I'm not sure what I should call it???? A mutt???
uhh i think we can let this one slide as a "clone"
i honestly dont think someone would notice with the amount of work done to the truck unless they are looking for it.
Btw the mirrors are kind of growing on me
what do you think of the fenders? ive been toying with the idea, could you show close ups inside and out if you get the chance?
seriously though your truck is SICK! looks like a gen 1 to me
were you gonna put fogs in or just leave it?

the truck looks very nice you did a great job on it and yeah i give it the "clone" name no prob you have earned it :eek:ldtu:

John

:embar: I'm going to have to admit, this truck is fantastic!!! What a turn around. With all the glass/ suspension work this 3v-C isn't to be messed with. High 10's no more:eek:ldtu: Great work man. Look forward to day time shots inside and out

:embar: I'm going to have to admit, this truck is fantastic!!! What a turn around. With all the glass/ suspension work this 3v-C isn't to be messed with. High 10's no more:eek:ldtu: Great work man. Look forward to day time shots inside and out

x2^2

Thanks for the kind words guys. It turned out better than I thought it was going to. Looks like we're heading to an 1/8th mile track on Saturday to get things sorted out, Joliet is coming up too quick:scared1:

what do you think of the fenders? ive been toying with the idea, could you show close ups inside and out if you get the chance?
seriously though your truck is SICK! looks like a gen 1 to me
were you gonna put fogs in or just leave it?

Fenders were very nice. Fit and finish were great. They needed very little work to make them paintable. For a fiberglass part, they are very nice as-is.

I think I'm going to leave the fogs out.

Looks hot... any more "go" planned for this year, or is it all a carry-over from last?

Well, over the winter we added compression into the motor, changed cams, fixed a couple issues and picked up about 50hp and 30 ft lbs of tq and made the averages much bigger. Oh yeah, went from a 9.5" 4800 rpm converter that I was slippin on the big end to a custom UCC 8" converter from Lenny that should go 5800 or so against the 'brake.

Did I mention I have a 434 race gas Clevor in the works.....

Like I said, I'll get a bunch more pics tonight and get them posted up.

Lookin good Dustin. :eek:ldtu:

You and I are deffintely going to have to get our trucks together going down the 1/4 mile.

Back