Finally, got some almost new tires for the S-Cab L.

my94lightning

I NEED MORE BOOST CAPT!!!
I have been absolutely disapointed with the set of 295/45/18 Toyo ST-1,s that I got with the first set of 03/04 gen 2's.
They never had traction ever!! Not in the corners, stopping, starting, wet, dry, snow, etc.
These have to be the worst performing set of tires I have ever had on anything I have ever owned.
in there defence they are older, But I think they were hard as petrified rock from day one anyways.LOL

Rant off, LOL

Now for my "new old" set. They are stock original goodyear F-1s.
They had maybee 50 miles when removed from truck when was new, you can still see the nub marks across the face of the tread. :heart:.

First trip around the block, was HOLLY CRAP!!!!
What a difference, WOW, even though these tires are still 10 years old and there are better tires available, Nitto 555 comes to mind.

The ride is 2-3 times better. I now have better traction in the wet, than the toyo's did in the dry, LOL!!
Very happy, made my 400K+ mile truck drive like under 200k truck now. :heart:

Good to hear Corey.... but your driving in the rain??? Oh wait a minute, I forgot where we live..... if we didnt drive in the rain we wouldnt drive at all.. ha ha ha

Ya its the new "company" truck for a few months and driving through Seattle/eastside 405, daily.
I figured it was a accident waiting to happen with the way under preforming old tires.
Very happy with the F-1's currently.
I have heard about F-1's and hydroplaning , so I will be extra cautious when raining hard.

Though we have different size Toyos on the white SuperCab I've never liked them either. They are the same as yours with the "unique" tread pattern. Problem with those tires besides all that you've mentioned is they last seemingly FOREVER ! They have a very high tread wear rating.

As I've mentioned to you before those Goodyear F-1s seem to want to skate on water too easily ! They're a quick wearing tire too unlerss you really baby them. 'Course you know I'm a fan of Hankooks. They're not a road racing or drag strip tire either though. Long wearing and very good in the rain, plus they're quiet on the road.

Bonus on the tires for taking 200K off the feel of the truck !

Scott

Back